Florence Middle School 1

Posted December 04, 2014
the school is cramped full of 7th graders and also 8th graders who should be in like 10th or 11th grade and the 7th grade teachers don't care most of them they just want money also the school is a social suicide hole full of children mostly girls sending pictures to football players which is a felony and they brag about the photos and curse teachers out and say racial slurs most of the football players are bullies also and say they wont get in trouble cause they know the principle also if you don't play sports then they wont give 2 nothings about you .to me this is like sending your child to hell don't even go

Florence Middle School 1

Posted June 15, 2013
some people say your "odd" years of schooling are the hardest. Florence Middle has proven it wrong...but not in a good way. I have been thru both grades (7-8) and both have been incredibly hard. teachers don't really pay attention to the student's needs and worry more about disciplining student for very minimal infractions. also the administrators allow the teachers to have their own rules for their classroom and every teacher's rules are different. I have not enjoyed being at this school at all. just transfer to brooks..... anything would be better.

Florence Middle School 2

Posted September 13, 2012
this school is the worst anyone could put there child in. talk about a sardine can, they are cramming more and more kids into this one school then they can handle. how can the children get any one on one time with the teachers. my daughter hated it. this was formerly coffee high school, i would like to know who the genius was who came up with the idea of compacting so many students into one school. stop buying ipads for the teachers and put it to use on fixing the schools. be sensible with the tax payers dollars. these kids are our future.

Florence Middle School 2

Posted August 15, 2012
florence middle is terrible! the teachers and staff worry to much over dress codes and not enough on other things such as basic academics! i am a student here and i believe these things should be changed!!

Florence Middle School 3

Posted November 08, 2009
I am a student at Florence Middle School. In my opinion, this isn't the greatest school to go to in the county. The teachers are strict and often freak out about things that really have nothing to do with class. For example, instead of teaching our classes, the teachers obsesss about our dress code. IN my opinion, the dress code should be looked at and changed a little. It is very hard to find clothes that fit the dress code and thruthfully, i'd rather just have uniforms. They offer poor administration here, and unfair rules and policies. They are very strict about things that dont really matter and the teachers dont really pay attention to things that do matter.

Posted February 07, 2009
Florence Middle School is a great place to be. Unfortunately, the next step is Florence High School and that is a school fraught with problems, poor administrators, extreme discipline. It's sad that the only option for our children after the wonderful experience that is FMS, is that one high school.

Florence Middle School 3

Posted July 27, 2006

Posted February 13, 2005
Florence Middle School, which was formerly Weeden Middle School, has been fantastic for our son. The teachers are fantastic and caring. Students are given oportunity to seek extra help if it is needed. We have been extremely impressed with the principal; he is truly the most gifted individual I have ever seen interact with this age children. We are so fortunate to have such an exceptional middle school. If only the Florence High School could carry on the excellent education these children get in the middle school, we'd have a superior system. Unfortunately, the high school has a lot of work to do to achieve the quality of education these kids are accustomed to and deserve.

Posted June 07, 2004
We transferred here last year. To be honest, I was concerned about Weeden before enrolling. I certainly did not need to be. This is a wonderful school. The prinicpal is outstanding! Discipline issues are managed with excellence. Academic achievers are honored and encouraged, while lower achieving students are nurtured. We have been delighted with the quality of education.

Florence Middle School 0

Posted November 10, 2003
My daughter attended Weeden for the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. I can truthfully say that Weeden provided the only positive school experience for her. She was challanged by the teachers, respected by other students and greatly encouraged by the administration. Even she would readily tell you what a great experience Weeden was for her. I am proud to let people know that I was a Weeden parent.

Florence Middle School
648 North Cherry St, Florence, AL  35630
Last modified Florence Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top