Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Wonderful school filled with dedicated teachers and administrators! Student growth is a main focus at this school.

New to Hibbett this year, I can honestly say that the students are number one. The teachers (core subject, Encore, and Special Education) all work together to provide a caring environment of high expectations and equal opportunities for all of the children. Being a part of Hibbett feels like being a part of a large family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are meeting the needs of my child. He receives support in needed areas.

My child has learned a lot this year. He loves school and his teachers. I like the way he receives help before, during and after school.

HMS teachers have been super supporters of my child! He has been provided many "Encore" learning activities which have expanded his interests in areas such as music, art, technology, and career exploration. The exposure to technology in Florence City Schools is exceptional. We are pleased with our 5th and 6th grade experience!

Great school! The new administration has this school moving in the right direction. Teachers seem genuinely concerned and enthusiastic.

All I can say is, "Wow". My daughter loves this school. The new principal goes above and beyond making parents feel welcomed in the school apart from what it use to be before he got there. We had a bullying issue early on in the year and he quickly resolved the issue. Also, my daughter has fallen in love with the GOTCHA's. Hibbett is one of the few schools that rewards good behavior. I have a son at Forrest Hills and he is very excited about attending Hibbett. I hope Mr. Combs, the new principal stays at Hibbett for a long time. He and his assistant principal Mr. Behel seem to work well together and they have the respect of the students. We are very fortunate to have such a high quality of principals at this school. My daughter loves her team this year. She is on the Vision team and she says that Mr. Duncan is her favorite teacher. Hibbett is awesome.

I agree with the statement that it seems there is preferential treatment and bullying issues that are not resolved. I am sending my child to a different school next year. After attending Harlan Elementary in Florence beforehand, I expected a certain level of learning and interaction. I was disappointed with Hibbett by comparison. It just fell flat. Dress code seems to be an issue. I bought 4 separate jackets from teachers telling her one was too heavy, the other was a windbreaker type that was too noisy, etc. Seems like certain kids get away with wearing certain things, but I always get odd complaints about shirts and clothes. They might as well make basic tees and polos standard dress and eliminate everything else. She's never worn anything but those things that didn't get a complaint. I also have issue with gym teacher giving out religious materials at the school. Completely inappropriate. My child does have several teachers that she really does love. Hit or miss there.

Hibbett is an wonderful school with excellent teachers and administration. I have not had any of the communication issues that have been posted in previous reviews. My son and his many friends have been incredibly happy. They have an excellent reading program as well as advanced reading and math programs. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone!

This school is great for some kids who always tell their parents what is going on and always stay up to date on the latest school activities such as dances, club meetings, etc. If you child is not in the above catorgory, Hibbett is not for you. Hibbett is divided up into teams so if you are not a teacher, doctor or other popular person in the community your child will get on a 'bad' team with kids whose parents could care less. The school also have several problems with bullying that the administration does not want parents to know about. This school has lots of problems and it starts with the principal and her assistant. Stay away from this school!!!!!

Last modified Hibbett School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6