Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)

Posted September 02, 2015
Wonderful school filled with dedicated teachers and administrators! Student growth is a main focus at this school.

Posted September 02, 2015
New to Hibbett this year, I can honestly say that the students are number one. The teachers (core subject, Encore, and Special Education) all work together to provide a caring environment of high expectations and equal opportunities for all of the children. Being a part of Hibbett feels like being a part of a large family.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
Students at Hibbett are given high expectations both academically and personally. We provide an environment that encourages students to strive to reach their very best.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 13, 2015
The teachers are meeting the needs of my child. He receives support in needed areas.

Posted July 13, 2015
My child has learned a lot this year. He loves school and his teachers. I like the way he receives help before, during and after school.

Posted March 21, 2015
HMS teachers have been super supporters of my child! He has been provided many "Encore" learning activities which have expanded his interests in areas such as music, art, technology, and career exploration. The exposure to technology in Florence City Schools is exceptional. We are pleased with our 5th and 6th grade experience!

Posted February 21, 2015
Great school! The new administration has this school moving in the right direction. Teachers seem genuinely concerned and enthusiastic.

Posted October 31, 2011
All I can say is, "Wow". My daughter loves this school. The new principal goes above and beyond making parents feel welcomed in the school apart from what it use to be before he got there. We had a bullying issue early on in the year and he quickly resolved the issue. Also, my daughter has fallen in love with the GOTCHA's. Hibbett is one of the few schools that rewards good behavior. I have a son at Forrest Hills and he is very excited about attending Hibbett. I hope Mr. Combs, the new principal stays at Hibbett for a long time. He and his assistant principal Mr. Behel seem to work well together and they have the respect of the students. We are very fortunate to have such a high quality of principals at this school. My daughter loves her team this year. She is on the Vision team and she says that Mr. Duncan is her favorite teacher. Hibbett is awesome.

Hibbett School 2

Posted May 13, 2011
I agree with the statement that it seems there is preferential treatment and bullying issues that are not resolved. I am sending my child to a different school next year. After attending Harlan Elementary in Florence beforehand, I expected a certain level of learning and interaction. I was disappointed with Hibbett by comparison. It just fell flat. Dress code seems to be an issue. I bought 4 separate jackets from teachers telling her one was too heavy, the other was a windbreaker type that was too noisy, etc. Seems like certain kids get away with wearing certain things, but I always get odd complaints about shirts and clothes. They might as well make basic tees and polos standard dress and eliminate everything else. She's never worn anything but those things that didn't get a complaint. I also have issue with gym teacher giving out religious materials at the school. Completely inappropriate. My child does have several teachers that she really does love. Hit or miss there.

Posted March 21, 2010
Hibbett is an wonderful school with excellent teachers and administration. I have not had any of the communication issues that have been posted in previous reviews. My son and his many friends have been incredibly happy. They have an excellent reading program as well as advanced reading and math programs. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone!

1601 Appleby Blvd, Florence, AL  35630
Last modified Hibbett School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.