Florence, AL
Students enrolled: 1,293

Posted November 06, 2014
I am a graduate of this school. The majority of the teachers are former graduates and can't seem to move past their high school "glory days". The teachers were rude and not interested in helping anyone but the top students. I remember several incidences where teachers were insensitive to students going through difficult situations. I also remember an occasion where one student was being blatantly bullied by a group of girls. Nothing was done to remedy the situation because the girls were cheerleaders. Also, there were at least two incidents of inappropriate relationships between a teacher and student that were swept under the rug. The academics were pitiable and did not properly prepare students for higher education. There is no diversity and anyone who is different is bullied mercilessly with no intervention from the faculty. I would never consider this school for my own children.

Posted April 01, 2014
Anyone who gives this school over a 3 is lying to you. Athletics are much more important than academics, they still have books from the early 2000's, and are torn up, the computer labs arent up to date, etc. Yet new weight equipment, gym floors, etc. are able to be upgraded without a thought. Half of the teachers SHOULD NOT be teachers, they complain like no other about students, there bosses, except for when a "higher up" is present. There are a handful who should definitely not be there, as they are hateful to people. Helps if you're one of the "good ol boys" also, as they get special treatment. A 4/5 or 5/5 stars? please.

Posted February 15, 2013
I am a current student at Rogers High School. This school places too much emphasis on athletics rather than academics. Athletics are certainly important, but academics should be a school's number one priority. No advanced placement classes are offered at this school, with the exception of advanced English (which is still not an AP certified class). The school's reasoning is that they do not have enough funds to allocate the purchase of textbooks (a simple solution to this issue could be having students purchase their own books for $45 or simply taking $1,000 out of the overflowing athletic fund). I often feel that I have missed out on many academic opportunities by attending this school. Most of the teachers worry about themselves and not the students. Many miss teaching at least half the class period to finish gossiping about students with the other teachers in the hallway. Many also give their children (and their colleagues' children) special treatment. If you are not from the area, I certainly do not recommend sending your child to RHS; they will get lost in the shuffle.

Posted September 07, 2011
The school is very good if you are from the area... IF you are an outsider forget it. Bullying seems to be allowed as long as it is directed to an outsider. If confronted it is said, "Aw shucks, boys will be boys" Every level of adminstration looks the other way if the bullying is toward an outsider.

Rogers High School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
I graduated in 2008 from Rogers and loved every minute or it! It is a great school and the teachers are very supportive and encouraging.

Rogers High School 0

Posted June 26, 2009
I am the mother of 3 and current have one graduate from Rogers a 5th grader and an 11th grader. The truth of the matter is that it definitely does matter who you are (what family you belong to). It is a common phrase 'they're outsiders'. With my first child and my step child we struggled to be included and treated fairly. Now that we have been in the community for almost 20 years my 2 younger children do not have to deal with these issues. We are no longer considered outsiders. And for the academics. Well, some teachers are great and some not so great. I guess that's the case everywhere. My daughter is extremely sharp, eager for knowledge, and loves to read. She came to my husband recently and told him that she wanted to change schools because she wants a better education than they offer.

Rogers High School 5

Posted March 21, 2009
My father was an RHS graduate, my sisters and I are all RHS graduates and all my children will be RHS graduates by 2011. My only regret.....my grandchildren do not live close enough to attend RHS.

Posted July 29, 2008
It is a great school if you were born and raised here. If you are not one of the 'good ol boys' your kids are looked down on by both the students and the staff. Also the communications between the school and the parents needs major revamping. I have been asking for several where to find the list of school supplies needed for middle school and I have gotten NO response. When your child's grades start to drop there is no notification till you get a failing report card.

Rogers High School 5

Posted May 24, 2008

Posted December 05, 2007
As a former student at a competitive four-year University, I would say that Rogers has a long way to go before it is considered a school that adequately prepares students for further education.

Rogers High School
300 Rogers Ln, Florence, AL  35634
Last modified Rogers High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rogers High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top