Fosters, AL

Myrtlewood Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2014
I will not ever place my child in this school ever again until they get rid of the principal they have there!!

Posted June 22, 2013
Myrtlewood is a great school so glad to see the school getting a new library so can't wait to see it. I hope that the staff members and some parents will have their acts together then what they had in the pass year. I pray that they can control the bullying and they stop bullying the parents. If they can't control and do their jobs right then Myrtlewood needs new staff members.

Myrtlewood Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
These types of things existed before her time!! What school doesnt allow parents to be involved and If there is such a parent that you may seem to cause DRAMA Well Honey let me start off by saying she/him is not the first parent that has had the very similar problem... I can name atleast 40 families that will not place their children in this school due to the so called Drama you are calling this parent out on... Home schoolers and Christian Schoolers see we pay for our education because Tuscaloosa County schools will not get rid of the control freak!! Like her if you will That's your baby so Rock it!!

Posted May 08, 2013
This is my daughter's second year at this school. It is an outstanding school. It is a small Title 1 school, which means it has very particular regulations that it must follow in order to be eligible for Title 1 funds that it very much needs. The staff at Myrtlewood are amazing, they are friendly, helpful and just generally easy to get along with. There has been some drama within the last year, regarding the Parent Involvement Committee, while unfortunate, there is little that can be done about it, as the parent refuses to see their errors, and are unwilling to follow the guidelines set forth by our administration regarding the safety of our students. I fully stand by this administration and the hard decisions that have had to be made. This is a fun school that puts learning first! If you want a Principal that will protect your children, like a "Mama Bear" while they are in her care, this is the school for you! The teachers here on a whole are outstanding, there are always a couple that we wish would do something differently, but you will see that in any school. "PTA" has fees, which is why we don't have one, our Principal believes parents shouldn't have to pay to help. ~DL

Posted May 04, 2013
Myrtlewood is a hidden gem in Tuscaloosa County. We have a "family" atmosphere among the faculty, parents, and students. One reason for this is because we have had almost no faculty turn over for many years. The teachers and administration really care about the students, parents, and each other. I wouldn't want to teach anywhere else. We have the latest technology, resources, and are getting a state-of-the-art library. We are blessed.

Myrtlewood Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
I am a grandmother of children in Mrytlewood Elem. School and all three of my children went to Myrtlewood. There are so many differences from my children until now and they are not all good. Things worked so much better when there was a PTA or PTO as they call it now. Everyone worked together and made things good for the school and students. Now, one person wants to run everything with no help from other parents. Seems like there are certain sets of rules for different parents which is very unfair. Looks to me like, if someone wants to help, it should not matter who they are. The principal, teachers, and parents should all put the students first and keep them there. It doesn't seem like that is the case at Myrtlewood anymore. I have heard so many negative remarks about the school and it breaks my heart.

Posted February 08, 2013
Myrtlewood is a GREAT school with very dedicated leadership in place. I feel confident in the security measures that have been taken in lieu of recent events in our country. I feel like my child is safe and the teachers are constantly looking out for them. Student success is truly a focus of this school. Students are recognized for their achievements on a regular basis and it means so much to them. My child is privileged to have the opportunity to attend Myrtlewood.

Myrtlewood Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2013
My Child' s Teachers are great. In my opinion There is one lady that does not seem like a child friendly person, doesn't seem to be very encouraging, or caring/loving toward all of the students. And the principal who i believe cares about the students but only cares for SOME parents. I have been around her but never been involved in an project or event with her. So i am not sure what she has against me but when I am around I don't feel welcome, and why I wasnt invited to the last parent meeting, that I have heard about from several parents. Obviously only a few were chosen?!?! Im just really getting fed up with the lack of communication, and feeling like I am one of the parents they don't really care about when I walk in, but when certain parents walk in everyone says hey and has a smile and is welcoming. My child does not get in any trouble and we are good people.I want to be involved in helping our school because I really care.But I guess I am not invited! It kinda seems like something weird is going on or she only want certain parents involved and if this keeps going on We Will NOT stand for it.There would be more parent involvement if the principal was more welcoming and nice

Posted May 15, 2012
Wonderful school! Great faculty and staff! Incredibly pleased with this year! The technology that the students have access to is amazing! My child now wants his own iPad!! Excited for another great year to come!!!!!

Posted January 20, 2012
Myrtlewood is the greatest school in Tuscaloosa county! I volunteer at the school weekly and I am amazed at how far the school has come! There are wonderful things happening every day! Test scores are up, parent involvement is up , and everything is centered around learning! I feel truly blessed to send my children here and I love the fact that they love going to school here! GO BULLDOGS!!!

Myrtlewood Elementary School
14701 Gainsville Rd, Fosters, AL  35463
Last modified Myrtlewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myrtlewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top