Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

I never saw preferential treatment, and my (incredibly vocal) child never mentioned anything. Other parents in the class mentioned the same.

The teachers were great, administration was accessible and easy to work with, and there wasn't a lot of politics. They also have pick-up/drop-off executed to perfection.

I was a student who used to attended this school (I am now in the 7th grade) and I loved it there. We had nice, clean rooms, plenty of supplies, and great teachers. I will admit that more teachers are attentive than others, but over all I do believe the teachers did a great job on teaching us. Majority of the kids I knew at the Elementary school are now in Pre-Advanced Placement classes with me at the high school.I was very happy with my elementary school experience here and I hope other kids will be as well.

Fultondale elementary is a good school. This was my child's first year, she has learned a lot. Her teachre was wonderful ...

FES as a whole is ok. My child has done well. Her teacher is great. The facilities are nice also.

The involvement my wife and I have witnessed by the staff at Fultondale Elementary School was very impressive. The teachers and staff are active in making sure children are staying on task and progressing positively. My daughter was always coming home energized from the school lesson, ready to share her new knowledge at home. My wife and I appreciate the school s energy and commitment to the children. We look forward to another great school year.

I am a former student and I must say I loved everything about the school. You could tell the staff really cared about the kids well being.

This is my children's second year at this school. I love the staff they have been amazing. My daughter had a seizure at school and everyone new what do do when i was at the hospital for two weeks everyone was incredible. They came to check on her called everyday. With a school that has 901 kids. It was so nice to know how many people came to see my kid i love how Mrs Hayes looks at these children are her own. Again Ty to the staff at fulltondale elementary you guys are amazing.

I went to school at FES, and my children went to school there, and now my grandson is there in kindergarten. His teacher has been so helpful and I am very satisfied with her keeping us informed and setting up meetings with us. He is learning things that are so advanced of when I went to school there, and when my children went to school there. I am very satisfied with the homework. I think the majority of learning should be done at school and when they get home not be so loaded down with homework that they have no time to be children. Keep up the good work. And, no, my grandchild is not the perfect child and needs constant help with behavior, but the teacher and staff have been so good and worked out plans to help him settle into school and keep his attention focused. Thank you to all that have helped.

This is my child's second year at Fultondale Elementary, and while it is a beautiful facility, I am not at all impressed with the staff at all. The teachers send home notes for petty infractions, such as talking in the hallway, but when something notable happens, I am never informed. I learn about it days later from my child. I feel her teacher is not attentive enough to the students, and provides a poor example to her class. At this year's Valentine party, the teacher passed out Valentines to every student EXCEPT my child. She told my child she "ran out, but here's a pencil instead.". I know that sounds petty, but the teachers lead by example. She did this in front of the entire class, and my child was devastated. I would expect something like that from another eight year old, but from a teacher? I was very disappointed. Also, the "homework" assignments are a joke, and I hope that she is learning something more during class hours. The homework assignments I am seeing are something she was taught at three years old. I am very disappointed in this school system.

Last modified Fultondale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.