Posted April 17, 2013
As a student at Gadsden City High that will be graduating in May, I can say that my experience here at GCHS has truly been a pleasure. No matter what kind of student you are, you can find your place at Gadsden City. Academics are stressed through the many AP classes that are available. Also you can get involved in many organizations such as our athletics, clubs, or the award winning Titan Marching Band. There is a place for you here. The entire faculty honestly cares about your success. Gadsden City has employed several great AP teachers in order to prepare you for your exams. My history teacher in particular was outstanding. He absolutely loves the subject he teaches and that excited me also. I had never before loved history, but now it is my favorite subject. The opportunities at GCHS are not comparable to any other school around. You can work in Clash s Coffee, take fashion merchandising, forensic science, broadcasting, pottery, robotics, and ACT Prep. The opportunities are endless. Gadsden City is an excellent school and I highly recommend GCHS. GO TITANS!

Gadsden City High School 1

Posted November 18, 2010
As a graduate, let me say this: Gadsden City High School did very little to prepare me for university. I graduated in the top ten percent of my class and was in all AP classes, and so as a result had many more opportunities compared to other students. I received numerous scholarships from across the state and several from out-of-state institutions. Despite this success, I firmly believe that only two or three teachers contributed to my success. The other reviews, stating that if you don't come from the upper echelon of Gadsden or Etowah County you and your child won't receive any attention, are spot on accurate. GCHS can be a great school. But to do so, the administration needs to be gutted, teachers need to be held accountable for students' performance, parents need to be proactive and challenge the faculty and administration for shortchanging their students' education, and athletics need to be toned down. When I graduated, there were several great programs. Fine Arts - photography, theater, graphic design - were terrific as were the upper level math and science courses. But these were the exception, not the rule, and from what I have heard little has changed.

Posted November 17, 2010
I COMPLETELY disagree with all of the previous ratings!!! Gadsden City is my alma mater, and I believe that it is an excellent school. The courses offered are wonderful, and have helped me get to where I am today! Athletics are amazing, and the band is wonderful. But academics are superior to them all. High school is an important time in our lives, so why not make it memorable and enjoyable? At Gadsden City, we take pride in success! Hence, that is the reason we are as successful as we are! I recommend this school to anyone who wants a chance at success! (And money doesn't have anything to do with the way you're treated! My family isn't rich and we were treated just like anyone else!) Gadsden City High School is the place to be! Go Titans!

Gadsden City High School 2

Posted May 10, 2010
GCHS isn't that much of a great school. The athletics are pretty good and they have one of the biggest bands I have even seen or heard about, but it is like everyone doesn't care. And they won't care about your child unless you have money or your child is on the top of the top. I wouldn't recommend this school to someone cause the city is a ghost town anyway.

Gadsden City High School 4

Posted November 21, 2009

Posted March 23, 2009

Posted August 05, 2008

Gadsden City High School 1

Posted July 28, 2008
this school is dedicated to mediocrity, passing the buck, and unless your child is in th top 5 % they do not care nor are they willing to help you or your child.

Gadsden City High School
1917 Black Creek Parkway, Gadsden, AL  35904
Last modified Gadsden City High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gadsden City High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top