Bad
Good

This is a great elementary school. The staff makes sure that each child feels special and is noticed for their individual accomplishments. The school now provides music class and art for students. There is great communication between the parents and teachers. Parents are made to feel welcome at the school and enouraged to discuss any concerns with the principal/teachers. Overall the school provides a wonderful experience for young children.

Garden City Elementary is an awesome school. The school has only about 100 students from grades K-5. There is a lot of one on one time with students and their teachers. Because of this, the school's test scores are above average. The teachers and parents go above and beyond to help all of the students at the school. The Principle of the school greets each student every morning, and says good-bye to each student every afternoon. I really wish the school went up to 12th grade. I can't really describe the school. You would have to have a child who goes there to understand what I'm trying to explain. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the best, Garden City Elementary is a 20! I could not ask for a better school with better teachers and advisors then what I have now for my children. Garden City Elementary is definitely a true blessing to the community.

I have two children that attend Garden City. One for four years and the other for five years. Yes, this school is small and it doesn't have some ot the things that larger schools do..bullying, peer pressure, etc. The teachers are great and have a deep love and commitment to the shildren and their success. The administration is also supportive and willing at anytime to sit down with a parent and teacher to see what can be done to help the student. I am very pleased with the progress my children are making. The school's academic scores consistently meet or exceed state levels. They always some promotional thing going on to encourage students to reach higher goals than what is expected. I, like many others, wish our school would go past the fifth grade (changed last year). Our children care about one another, volunteer to help pickup trash they see on the ground, read to one another at the bus stop, turned in lost money (5.00), etc. How do I know this? The PTO has a picture of students they catch (without the student knowing) doing good deeds that are posted around the school. The local Park and Rec covers sports for this age so it is not a part of the school.

My son finished kindergarten 2012/2013 school year and he is developmentally Behind could barely even understand him when he first started now he is doing so much better. The school has worked very hard with him and everyone is so friendly and nice, even the students. I noticed a review that said they didn't have a few things but they do have a computer lab, music class and art class now. They have went above and beyond to help my son and I am proud to say my kids will continue to go there. The only problem I have is I wish they went past the 6th grade so it could be the only school my kids attend.

I give this school a 4 . It is a great school all the teachers know every child by their name and grade. They have a small population. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing in a way it is good because then i can wait for her in front tof the school but then again there are not alot of kids for her to be friends in but I am sure once she goes to 7th grade in a bigger school she will learn to deal and become cheerleader and on sports teams and all. They do not have a football team, or cheerleading team for the older grades. No art or music like others said but all in all its a great school. they just need to understand that my dd is advanced and very intelligent in k. have a great day

I am disappointed with several things. No art or music class. No computer class. Students grade each others work. This WEB site needs updated.

Both of my children attend this school. In my opinion they could not be at a better school. All the teachers are great. They are very kind and caring and they love the kids. The principal is great. All of the staff knows every child by name. They are greeted each morning with a warm smile a happy hello. Every single child is made to feel that he or she is loved and important. I thank God every day that my kids have this schoool!

Garden City is a GREAT school. My child attends now and I attended a few years ago. A few faces have changed but over-all it is the same ol' school that I went to. The best thing about Garden City is the small population. When you walk in each morning everyone says 'hello' and greets you using your name, so you know they know who you are and not just pretending to make you feel good. Its just a great feeling to know that my child goes to a school where he knows ALL of the staff and most of the children(He can tell you nearly any kids name by what they were wearing that day.)and vice-versa. He won't attend any other school, until the 7th grade of course.

Last modified Garden City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.