No rating

Tabernacle Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 32 students

Living in Gardendale

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $123,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted March 27, 2014

I graduated from TCS in 2003. I admit that I do not know how the school is doing more recently. However, TCS did not adequately prepare me for college, the school lacks many options(AP classes, band, etc), the lunch options were awful, and the staff were often more interested in rigidly enforcing small rules rather than advancing the learning of the students. The only positive thing from my experience was the people with whom I attended school, and those only because we did not fit exactly into the two main groups of kids that were at TCS in my time: very religious kids with very religious parents that wanted a "godly education"(which depends on a very strict interpretation of The Bible, and excludes real science and literature), or the kids who had behavior problems at the public schools. I wish now that I'd been at Gardendale or even Mortimer Jordan instead, so that I could've taken AP classes and had more opportunities inside and outside the classroom. TCS is too small, too religious(yes, that's a thing), and too limited. My son will not be attending.

Posted March 8, 2014

I went to this school from 7th-10th grade. Looking back on it, it was the best school I ever attended. The teachers were caring. The education was top level. I switched to a public school for 9 weeks and switched back because of the difference of environment. I wasn't popular or great in sports or super smart, but the environment shaped my character and now it's the only place I would enroll my 5 year old son who has been attending for the past 2 years now. He was behind on his speech when he started but is doing so much better. Reading and doing math in kindergarten. He had an accident in the gym and his teacher called after hours to check on him. The pastor still knows my name and I wasn't at all a stand out student 12 years ago.

Posted April 30, 2013

My son started in the 6th grade after not being so successful in city school. He is now in the 9th grade and loves it! He is learning so much as well as the values of being Christ like. I could not be more pleased! Worth every cent!

Posted February 2, 2012

Tabernacle is a great School! My son went there for 2 years and after this year he will be coming back after dealing with a particular public school lol!

Posted May 25, 2011

All 3 of our children attend TCS, it is a wonderful school and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good christian school. They have a great athletic program and academic program with out sacraficing godly values. The teachers are wonderful and they honestly care about their students!

Posted March 23, 2010

We have 2 children at TCS. Last year our oldest child was in K5 at another local public school. We had a very bad experience with a teacher who really just didn't care. We have been so blessed at TCS this year. We love the staff and the 'community' that is TCS. Our 1st grader has improved greatly, and our other daughter is in the preschool program and she is reading sight words. We would not have our children anywhere else. It is worth every penny!

Posted November 7, 2009

Tabernacle has excellent staff.

Posted April 13, 2009

Tabernacle was a disappointment for my family. My child was ahead academically entering and far behind when leaving and actually increased her ACT 4 points in 1/1/2 yrs after being transferred to a fully accredited college prep school. From my observation, no student received athletic scholarship opportunities in the three years we attended . ACEA is a very weak conf. in my opinion and cannot compete with the AISA or ASHAA and they stay in this weak conf to 'trophy hunt' rather than seek stronger talent to play. If you are looking for strong academics and sports I agree fully with the other parent who also posted

Posted December 9, 2008

After being homeschooled, this is the first school that I've put my son in. As a sixth grade student I am impressed with how well he is adapting. His teacher is amazing, as is the rest of the faculty that he deals with. He comes home from school every day telling me how much he loves it there. He is a gifted child, and the school work is not below him... He feels challenged. The leadership is great. His teacher this year has worked with me continuously to help make his being there even better for him. I believe I made an excellent choice by putting my son in this school. Thank you TCS!!!

Posted November 10, 2008

I graduated from Tabernacle in 2007. In response to the parent that posted about not recommending the school due to a weak academic and athletic program. That statement is so far from the truth. I graduated with a 3.9 gpa that was hard earned and it was not from a weak academic program! We had a senior with a full payed academic scholarship to Michigan State University as well as other graduates with full payed academic scholarships to other well know universities. All of whom are succeeding greatly! And as far as the athletic program, this is coming from the captain of the varsity basketball team, our basketball team finished 3rd in the state my junior and senior year. Our team also included players that were given the honors of First Team All-State, Athletes of the Week, and so on! Thats just the basketball team too.

Posted July 7, 2008

I love TCS! My older boys were there for 2 years and I substitured there when possible. I love how the teachers continue their interst in the students life even if in a different grade or class. Even though my children are no longer enrolled at TCS I continue to recommend it to parents in our area. Thank you TCS!

Posted August 10, 2007

I am a junior at tcs this year. I have been here since I was 5 and I love it! There isnt another school that I would want to go to! The teachers are awesome and Im pretty sad that I will be graduating next yr! This school is awesome! ~candace coleman~
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 4, 2004

I went to Tabernacle from 7th to 10th grade before going back to a public school. The teachers there actually care about all the students. Its more than just a job to them. I want to thank all the teachers, past and present, for making a positive impact on my life.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

My daughter is in the 2nd grade. She started here in k4. She loves the teachers and has excelled in all of her subjects. Being able to pray is her best. I want to thank the staff at TCS for making this school the best in academics as well as spiritually for my daughter.

Posted August 25, 2003

My husband went to school here and now we have 3 kids enrolled at Tabernacle. We love it! The school has been open for 30 years. Their SAT test scores are consistently way above the national average. Not only do kids at Tabernacle keep up with the neighboring public schools, they usually are ahead of 'the game'. And most importantly, they are not forbidden to pray. On the contrary, their religious freedoms are protected and they are encouraged to pray and call on God every day. They also have a class devoted entirely to the Bible. They study the word of God as they would a text book, since it is the ultimate instruction manual and history book! It is worth every penny. God bless TCS!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (205) 631-6532

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious