Tabernacle Christian School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
I graduated from TCS in 2003. I admit that I do not know how the school is doing more recently. However, TCS did not adequately prepare me for college, the school lacks many options(AP classes, band, etc), the lunch options were awful, and the staff were often more interested in rigidly enforcing small rules rather than advancing the learning of the students. The only positive thing from my experience was the people with whom I attended school, and those only because we did not fit exactly into the two main groups of kids that were at TCS in my time: very religious kids with very religious parents that wanted a "godly education"(which depends on a very strict interpretation of The Bible, and excludes real science and literature), or the kids who had behavior problems at the public schools. I wish now that I'd been at Gardendale or even Mortimer Jordan instead, so that I could've taken AP classes and had more opportunities inside and outside the classroom. TCS is too small, too religious(yes, that's a thing), and too limited. My son will not be attending.

Posted March 08, 2014
I went to this school from 7th-10th grade. Looking back on it, it was the best school I ever attended. The teachers were caring. The education was top level. I switched to a public school for 9 weeks and switched back because of the difference of environment. I wasn't popular or great in sports or super smart, but the environment shaped my character and now it's the only place I would enroll my 5 year old son who has been attending for the past 2 years now. He was behind on his speech when he started but is doing so much better. Reading and doing math in kindergarten. He had an accident in the gym and his teacher called after hours to check on him. The pastor still knows my name and I wasn't at all a stand out student 12 years ago.

Posted April 30, 2013
My son started in the 6th grade after not being so successful in city school. He is now in the 9th grade and loves it! He is learning so much as well as the values of being Christ like. I could not be more pleased! Worth every cent!

Posted February 02, 2012
Tabernacle is a great School! My son went there for 2 years and after this year he will be coming back after dealing with a particular public school lol!

Posted May 25, 2011
All 3 of our children attend TCS, it is a wonderful school and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good christian school. They have a great athletic program and academic program with out sacraficing godly values. The teachers are wonderful and they honestly care about their students!

Tabernacle Christian School 4

Posted March 23, 2010
We have 2 children at TCS. Last year our oldest child was in K5 at another local public school. We had a very bad experience with a teacher who really just didn't care. We have been so blessed at TCS this year. We love the staff and the 'community' that is TCS. Our 1st grader has improved greatly, and our other daughter is in the preschool program and she is reading sight words. We would not have our children anywhere else. It is worth every penny!

Tabernacle Christian School 1

Posted January 10, 2010

Tabernacle Christian School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
Tabernacle has excellent staff.

Tabernacle Christian School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
Tabernacle was a disappointment for my family. My child was ahead academically entering and far behind when leaving and actually increased her ACT 4 points in 1/1/2 yrs after being transferred to a fully accredited college prep school. From my observation, no student received athletic scholarship opportunities in the three years we attended . ACEA is a very weak conf. in my opinion and cannot compete with the AISA or ASHAA and they stay in this weak conf to 'trophy hunt' rather than seek stronger talent to play. If you are looking for strong academics and sports I agree fully with the other parent who also posted

Tabernacle Christian School 4

Posted December 09, 2008
After being homeschooled, this is the first school that I've put my son in. As a sixth grade student I am impressed with how well he is adapting. His teacher is amazing, as is the rest of the faculty that he deals with. He comes home from school every day telling me how much he loves it there. He is a gifted child, and the school work is not below him... He feels challenged. The leadership is great. His teacher this year has worked with me continuously to help make his being there even better for him. I believe I made an excellent choice by putting my son in this school. Thank you TCS!!!

Tabernacle Christian School
2649 Decatur Highway, Gardendale, AL  35071
Last modified Tabernacle Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Tabernacle Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top