Bad
Good

Terrific school system!! Very attentive administration, caring teachers, fun atmosphere. AP classes have been wonderful. Beautiful school!

i am a 2007 graduate from gardendale high school. i was involved in academics, sports, etc. while i was enrolled at ghs, i learned all skills that it took me to be able to succeed in the real world. everything that the teachers taught me in the classroom come to pass when i stepped foot across that stage. the teachers take an extra interest in their students and are willing to take that extra step to guarantee the top quality education, discipline, and safety that it takes to see any child to succeed in life. dr. vacca, along with the rest of the administrative staff, is a dedicated and devoted staff eager to see the improvements of a student both as educators, and as character builders. if your child plays sports, you will not find a better extracurricular program than ghs. because once a rocket, always a rocket. GO ROCKETS!!!!!!

We transferred to this school and they offer alot more elective classses to help prepare your child for there future.

My child is getting a much better education at this school than the one she was previously in. It could be a lot worse. I realize that the school is not perfect as my child will tell me. The main complaint I have had has to do with the math department. A certain teacher had problems with teaching. my child had to actually show them how to do some of the work!! I hope they will acknowledge the problems as they have been told numerous times. I attended a school that was not half as good as this one and I am paying for it today. Parents get involved and make it a better school!

I graduated from GHS in 2001. I had some friends that went to Mortimer Jordan who said that our academic quality was low. However, there were great opportunities at GHS to take advanced classes and the curiculum was strict even in regular classes. Many of my college friends and professors were amazed at the advanced level I was at in math and english from the classes at GHS. It really helped a lot to prepare me for college level work.

I graduated from GHS in 2005 and currently attend the University of Alabama. I had always heard that Gardendale was on the lower end of academics compared to some of the larger schools but these conclusions failed to hold up in college--the ultimate test. At the University, I am a straight A student with a 4.02 GPA. I have been well prepared to handle the academic load, and I am at the top of all of my classes. Several of my friends from these larger schools, however, are confused as to why they made good grades in high school and are struggling in college. I now have no doubt that Gardendale High School offers equal (if not superior) academic preparation.

Last modified Gardendale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.