Gardendale, AL
Students enrolled: 1,071

Posted December 03, 2014
Terrific school system!! Very attentive administration, caring teachers, fun atmosphere. AP classes have been wonderful. Beautiful school!

Posted August 28, 2009
i am a 2007 graduate from gardendale high school. i was involved in academics, sports, etc. while i was enrolled at ghs, i learned all skills that it took me to be able to succeed in the real world. everything that the teachers taught me in the classroom come to pass when i stepped foot across that stage. the teachers take an extra interest in their students and are willing to take that extra step to guarantee the top quality education, discipline, and safety that it takes to see any child to succeed in life. dr. vacca, along with the rest of the administrative staff, is a dedicated and devoted staff eager to see the improvements of a student both as educators, and as character builders. if your child plays sports, you will not find a better extracurricular program than ghs. because once a rocket, always a rocket. GO ROCKETS!!!!!!

Posted August 28, 2009
We transferred to this school and they offer alot more elective classses to help prepare your child for there future.

Posted September 03, 2008
My child is getting a much better education at this school than the one she was previously in. It could be a lot worse. I realize that the school is not perfect as my child will tell me. The main complaint I have had has to do with the math department. A certain teacher had problems with teaching. my child had to actually show them how to do some of the work!! I hope they will acknowledge the problems as they have been told numerous times. I attended a school that was not half as good as this one and I am paying for it today. Parents get involved and make it a better school!

Posted April 12, 2008
I graduated from GHS in 2001. I had some friends that went to Mortimer Jordan who said that our academic quality was low. However, there were great opportunities at GHS to take advanced classes and the curiculum was strict even in regular classes. Many of my college friends and professors were amazed at the advanced level I was at in math and english from the classes at GHS. It really helped a lot to prepare me for college level work.

Posted May 21, 2007
I graduated from GHS in 2005 and currently attend the University of Alabama. I had always heard that Gardendale was on the lower end of academics compared to some of the larger schools but these conclusions failed to hold up in college--the ultimate test. At the University, I am a straight A student with a 4.02 GPA. I have been well prepared to handle the academic load, and I am at the top of all of my classes. Several of my friends from these larger schools, however, are confused as to why they made good grades in high school and are struggling in college. I now have no doubt that Gardendale High School offers equal (if not superior) academic preparation.

Posted August 14, 2005
I graduated at Gardendale High School in 1983. My oldest son graduated in 2004 and now my youngest son is just now beginning high school there. I think that have excellent teachers there. They do need to go back to having the special classes for the children with learning disablities because that seem to help my oldest son have more confidence in dealing with people in the work force of today. Also, they need to have some more technical classes that will prepare the children for the job world of today since alot of parents can't afford to send their children to college. I would say that any parent whose child goes to this school should not have any worries that they are getting the best education possible.

Posted August 01, 2005
I currently attend Gardendale High School and I think that the acidmic pragrams could do with a little overview, but what school's couldnt? Most of the teachers are well trained and do their job well except when they have very disrespectful students. So if your child isn't doing well, blame it on the student, no the teachers. The parent involvment isn't great, but it's good enough. GHS has great band and choral programs. The math could be better, but its not has horrible and alot of people have said. The teachers are good, they just dont get the credit they diserve. And yeah, sometimes we do watch educational movies, but what in the world is wrong with that?!

Posted May 23, 2005
I am a graduate of Gardendale HS. I made many of my best memories there. There are many ways for parents and students to get involved. I was impressed with the math department at Gardendale. I recently graduated from a university cum laude, and I believe that I was well equipped in all areas to take on the challenges of college. The teachers do their best with what they have. The math department there was the place that I got the most encouragement and help! The only teachers that I have kept in touch with are 2 of my math teachers that made a huge impression on my life. Without hesitation I would allow my children to attend Gardendale High!

Gardendale High School 2

Posted February 25, 2005
Gardendale high school isn't a terrible school. However, it could be a lot better! i myself graduated from g'dale in 1984 - even then the class size was nowhere near 14! give me a break! someone said it's more like 30+. Students have a lot of free time in their classes. I hear at least once a week ' we watched movies in 1st block' or ' we play cards in 1st block'. It's unreal! i am amazed at the high price of homes in g'dale - for the schools your child must attend. That is why i am on this site - i have one child graduating and one entering the 9th grd. I will see that my 9th grader doesn't attend g'dale high school. She is an a student and i want her to be prepared for college -something i'm not sure will happen at g'dale high school.

800 Main St, Gardendale, AL  35071
Last modified Gardendale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gardendale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top