Glencoe, AL

Posted August 01, 2014
Glencoe High School is one of the BEST schools is Etowah county. The academics are superb, the teachers go out on a limb for each student (minded that the student is actually showing up to class and trying,) and the facility itself is amazing. I am a recent graduate (May 2014) of this school and was not involved in any sport, but was treated the same as every other student, I was encouraged, guided, and pushed to do my best and was prepared for college. Mind you that this is a high school, not elementary, so many classes were very challenging, especially the AP classes (which are exceptional, also!) However these classes prepared me for college and for the AP test, and now I am able to clep English 101 and 102 due to my AP scores! Yes, there is drama at the school, most coming from the students themselves, but what high school doesn't have drama? I would definitely send my future children to GHS! Go Jackets!

Posted July 28, 2014
As a student at Glencoe High, I can say that it has been the worst educational experience of my life, if you can even call it educational. Bullying and rumors run rampant throughout the school, and if you aren't a teacher's pet, there's no one to help you. There is no sense of confidentiality between parents and teachers. The teachers talk to their favorite students about personal affairs brought in by parents, and within a day the whole school knows. The teachers lack of any motivation to inform and educate us students, and many seem to lack any education themselves. Fights and drug use are everyday occurrences at Glencoe High. Glencoe High School is a pathetic excuse for any school. They get by with the bare minimum and do nothing more. I would never even consider letting my child anywhere near the disgrace that is GHS.

Posted August 02, 2013
As a student it is a terrible experience if your not one of the principals favorites. If your not an athlete you don't get respected. Most of the teachers are great but a hand full of them pick the ones they like and are rude and snobby to the others. You can't be you at this school.

Posted October 23, 2011
Absolutley terrible if you are not "normal" everyday i go here is torture the teachers do not car eabou the students well being at all and the principal shows favoritism at the begining of the year he gives his no tolerance speech while the parents are there once there gone your on your own harrasment is a norm here if your child isnt the perfect image of an athletic i highly sugest you send them anywhere but here the bulling has gotten so bad im having to switch school ive never been made to feel so worthless as i do here the close minded conservative atmosphereis all you wil find here

Posted May 17, 2011
Most all are great teachers, and now a good principal. As a previous student and now a parent, I think Glencoe High School is poised to be even more outstanding.

Glencoe High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It is like a public private school. Couldn't have asked for a better school for my daughter to attend.

Posted December 01, 2007
I love Glencoe High School. The teachers are wonderful and I found myself adequately prepared for college and for life. I will certainly be sending my children here.

Posted May 08, 2007
- a former student
I am a former graduate of GHS! I absolutely loved this school and I would most defiantly send my kids to this school. The teachers were great and the students are never afraid to ask questions either in class or outside of class. No one in our graduating class ever picked on anyone, we were actually quite close. There were even some students that weren't able to afford some things and some anonymously contributed and even the class got together to help out. I am one of those students that could not get a letterman's jacket and my mother told me she could afford one. I was alright with it. I never said anything to anyone,& I know my parent's didn't. We got a call one day to pick up the jacket from the cleaners. I still to this day don't know who did it.

Posted November 08, 2006
GHS is a wonderful school. My child has started during his senior year and has been treated wonderful by his peers. It has been like we have been here all of our lives. Parents of the students should pat themselves on the backs, they have raised fine, quality young men and ladies.

Posted December 22, 2005
My son goes to Glencoe High, is a football player and has never been into any kind of trouble. He is in what I think to be one of the best schools in the nation. I am proud to be the mother of a Glencoe Yellow Jacket, and I am proud of the staff at the school. GO JACKETS!

Glencoe High School
803 Lonesome Bend Rd, Glencoe, AL  35905
Last modified Glencoe High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glencoe High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top