Madison Co High School 5

Posted November 17, 2012
Why is it when people of color fail it is someone else's fault? We have had no issues and our children really enjoy the atmosphere.

Madison Co High School 1

Posted February 13, 2012
Principal seems to not like people of color. The way he talks to kids is unacceptable

Posted November 08, 2009
The administration has changed recently and we are getting advanced programs for our children. They really seem to care about the students and they are making positive changes.

Posted May 02, 2009
MCHS has gone through changes in administration since the previous postings here. The new principal seems to be doing a better job administratively with parents, faculty and the community. MCHS sports programs have fared better recently than in the past. My older children graduated from there in 2000 & 2004, one attended Univ. of Alabama as scholar and is in grad school on scholarship, the other is finishing up at UAH. Both did well on college entrance exams and were well-prepared. As an employee of a nearby school system, I had the opportunity for them to attend a much larger high school in the system where I worked. We opted for MCHS because of its hometown feel, where administrators, faculty, and staff know you by name and kids don't get lost in the shuffle. I look forward to my youngest starting there soon!

Posted November 27, 2007
This school is small but has a nice and friendly atmosphere. At this school, they expect nothing but your best.

Madison Co High School 3

Posted October 14, 2007
The overall experience has been just fair. At times, dealing with the office is very difficult and at other times pleasant. Both children are learning in a couple of classes and just going through the motions in others, so the education is....fair at best. The only great thing has been the cross country coach. The only really bad thing has been another 'bully' student that hasn't been dealt with even after 2 calls and one email regarding him. So, discipline, less than fair. I would not recommend MCHS over another school in the near vicinity unless the quality of education improves greatly in the near future and the school overall becomes more parent friendly.

Madison Co High School 4

Posted August 23, 2006
So far I am please with the education my son is receiving at this high school. WE are VERY involved in our son ED and will always be. One thing I can say about Madison County Board of Education it needs to change its policy about teachers with tenor. Tenor gives the teachers license not to give our students a quality education.

Madison Co High School 3

Posted April 18, 2005
- a former student
Currently I am getting my masters in counseling at UAB. I went to high school at Madison County High. Overall, I would say the quality of the education at madison county is average. There are some really great teachers that work there, however, sad to say, there are some that are a complete waste of time. Personally, I believe most public schools have that problem. I believe what a student gets out of this school is determined by what they put into it. There are opportunities to achieve, however, I wouldnt say it is the best school in the state. If you want your child to gain the most from this school, parent involvement is a must. Make sure your pushing them if they dont have a teacher that is doing it. Compared to the district, I would say they're all about the same. Move if you want better.

Madison Co High School
174 Brock Rd, Gurley, AL  35748
Last modified Madison Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Co High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top