Gurley, AL

Posted June 27, 2014
this school is the worst its so bad were moving and filing a law suit

Posted October 17, 2012
My child just started school here and already I am very unsatified. Her teacher is very rude and hateful. I am looking into other options for her. This is the worse school I have ever seen. I would recommend avoiding it all costs and I would recommend if you are buying a house not to buy in this district.

Posted September 11, 2012
My daughter has been attending Madison County Elementary/Middle School for 7 years now and I am so blessed because of it! The principal down to the janitor know my child by name when I have walked down the halls of that school with her - I was amazed! This school is a hidden treasure of the school district! It may not be the prettiest to look at but the quality and dedication of the administrators, teachers and their support staff are amazing. After reading some of those earlier reviews, I felt it a duty to write this. Sometimes parents want to just blame the teaches....You, as a parent and even a student, are responsible for following through with work at home during the school year or summer, even when you don't want to, THANK YOU MRS. MEADOR AND MR. RIDDLE AND ALL OF YOUR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!

Posted July 12, 2011
I have been nothing but unsatisfied with MCES. Both Principals are rude and unhelpful. I have had to constantly email teachers asking about progress or assisgnments that go for weeks unanswered. The only person there I can brag on is Nurse Karen. The PTA is constantly asking for volunteers or members because no one can stand Ms. Meador or Mr. Riddle- I wouldnt want to spend any extra time with them. When my daughter was in 2nd grade, she never brought home math assignments, when I asked about it- they said it is all done at school, so that they teachers can help. She was not prepared for 3rd grade at all!!

Posted August 17, 2008

Madison Co Elementary School 0

Posted June 11, 2008
I have been very pleased with the education my son and daughters have received at Madison County Elementary. Both daughters are in college now and entered well-prepared. My son is entering 7th and loves MCES! His teacher, A. Childers, did a wonderful job last year to differentiate instruction to meet the wide variety of learning needs in the classroom. Both Mrs. Meador and Mr. Riddle have been strong leaders and exhibit strong professionalism in all my encounters with them. Madison County Elementary is a well-kept secret.

Posted April 03, 2008

Madison Co Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2005
My daughter goes to this school.I think it's a very good school.It's not all about the money like these other school they are more for the kids.

Posted July 23, 2004

Madison Co Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2004
I think this school is a great school but the Vice princapal is not very freindy or fair to the students!

Madison Co Elementary School
173 Wood St, Gurley, AL  35748
Last modified Madison Co Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Co Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top