Hampton Cove, AL

Posted March 24, 2014
This school has a big bulling problem. The states for the school look good because they do not write up fights. I know this for a fact my son has been in two fights and has never has in-school suspension or at home suspension. He got in both of those fights because he was being bullied. He tried telling teacher and that got him no where. As the teacher are almost bullies themselves. Now when I say that. They have some really good teachers but the also have some bad ones. The problem is the admin at this school does nothing about any of it they just turn a blind eye.

Posted August 27, 2013
We love our middle school. We have great parent participation, and good communication with our teachers. Our principal makes herself readily available for questions and concerns. My kids enjoy going to school.

Hampton Cove Middle School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
Bullies are a problem here both from the students and the teachers. Kids know when they aren't being watched and they take advantage of it. Teachers are in a position of power over the kids, and parents are helpless to do anything about it since it could cause them to be targeted for the next couple of years. Teachers are only required to log 2 grades each week online so the online grades aren't very accurate. Overall the teachers are good, the principal is good and the curriculum is good too. But it only takes a couple of things to make a pre-teen miserable, and when the teacher is always right, a parent's hands are tied. PTA and fundraising efforts are a little over-the-top aggressive. Once someone is given a quasi-title of room mom or band president or PTA-anything, it goes to their head. PTA is great at this school, but they're too aggressive. Moms should be moms, and school employees should be school employees. High school can have back packs but middle school can't because of security. They have to transfer everything to a computer bag once they get to school. Really?!? Difference?!? And yes, even with a computerized school, they have to carry around too much.

Posted May 14, 2013
This is a great school! My kids love this school and the teachers are very caring. Now, don't forget that we as parents also have to contribute to the child's development.

Posted April 14, 2013
This school is by far the worst school I've ever been to and trust me I've lived a lot of places I come here and everyone's nice and first then nobody talks to you... I used to be very outgoing and would talk to anybody now im scared to even smile, this place ruined me don't let that happen to your kid. ONLY SEND YOUR CHILD HERE IF YOU HATE THEM! Im serious only bad things come from here.

Posted January 07, 2013
We regret ever sending our child here. Our daughter experienced daily bullying, but the administration never took the issue seriously. My daughter even experienced incidences of bullying by a teacher. We pulled our daughter out mid-year.

Posted December 28, 2011
We love this school. We've been pleased with the strong leadership and with teachers dedicated to educating our kids to the next level. Standards and expectations are high. Students are learning how to be good citizens too. Great things to come from HCMS.

Hampton Cove Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2010
Before my daughter started at Hampton Cove, she went to private schools. She has be consistently challenged academically at Hampton Cove. The teachers are helpful and nice. When my daughter started there last year, it took a long time for her to make friends, (which isn't normal for her). She has made some fairly good ones now, but as I said it took a long time. There were also bullies there last year, but they have been removed and are not there this year. All in all I think this is the best middle school in Huntsville.

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted June 19, 2009

Hampton Cove Middle School
261 Old 431 Hwy, Hampton Cove, AL  35763
Last modified Hampton Cove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampton Cove Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top