Bad
Good

we just moved here 6 weeks ago and my son, who is in the 6 th grade has been bullied. Not by the other students, by the administration and teachers. The teachers rely too much on the laptops and do not communicate with the students at all about assignments. Teachers berate the kids in front of the class and teachers and the principles hand out silent lunches without notifying the students or parents beforehand. My son has come home crying almost everyday. My husband and I have called several times, each time we're told the problem will be taken care of and it never is. This is the worst school I've ever dealt with. I will be withdrawing my child and homeschooling. My other 2 kids have had great experiences with Goldsmith-Schiffman elementary and Huntsville High.

I agree with the bullying others have wrote about. It is a who knows who school and the kids can be very mean. The worse bullies are the "Popular" clicks that seem to get away with anything because the administrators are afraid of ruining the school reputation. The administrators will lie to cover themselves and protect the fabricated school reputation. It is a shame because this is a nice area and the school has good teachers. The school dress code is also a joke. The enforcement is based on favoritism.

We moved and when my daughter came her everyone was kind and loving. She now has great friends and teachers!

This school has a big bulling problem. The states for the school look good because they do not write up fights. I know this for a fact my son has been in two fights and has never has in-school suspension or at home suspension. He got in both of those fights because he was being bullied. He tried telling teacher and that got him no where. As the teacher are almost bullies themselves. Now when I say that. They have some really good teachers but the also have some bad ones. The problem is the admin at this school does nothing about any of it they just turn a blind eye.

We love our middle school. We have great parent participation, and good communication with our teachers. Our principal makes herself readily available for questions and concerns. My kids enjoy going to school.

Bullies are a problem here both from the students and the teachers. Kids know when they aren't being watched and they take advantage of it. Teachers are in a position of power over the kids, and parents are helpless to do anything about it since it could cause them to be targeted for the next couple of years. Teachers are only required to log 2 grades each week online so the online grades aren't very accurate. Overall the teachers are good, the principal is good and the curriculum is good too. But it only takes a couple of things to make a pre-teen miserable, and when the teacher is always right, a parent's hands are tied. PTA and fundraising efforts are a little over-the-top aggressive. Once someone is given a quasi-title of room mom or band president or PTA-anything, it goes to their head. PTA is great at this school, but they're too aggressive. Moms should be moms, and school employees should be school employees. High school can have back packs but middle school can't because of security. They have to transfer everything to a computer bag once they get to school. Really?!? Difference?!? And yes, even with a computerized school, they have to carry around too much.

This is a great school! My kids love this school and the teachers are very caring. Now, don't forget that we as parents also have to contribute to the child's development.

This school is by far the worst school I've ever been to and trust me I've lived a lot of places I come here and everyone's nice and first then nobody talks to you... I used to be very outgoing and would talk to anybody now im scared to even smile, this place ruined me don't let that happen to your kid. ONLY SEND YOUR CHILD HERE IF YOU HATE THEM! Im serious only bad things come from here.

We regret ever sending our child here. Our daughter experienced daily bullying, but the administration never took the issue seriously. My daughter even experienced incidences of bullying by a teacher. We pulled our daughter out mid-year.

We love this school. We've been pleased with the strong leadership and with teachers dedicated to educating our kids to the next level. Standards and expectations are high. Students are learning how to be good citizens too. Great things to come from HCMS.

Last modified Hampton Cove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.