Posted August 14, 2011
I really do not know where people get off bashing this school, the teachers, the principal or opportunities to volunteer. All is false. As a parent of a student of this school I am extremely well satisfied with the education that my child is getting. The school is safe. Test scores have gone up each year. 99 percent of the students are on grade level acoording to testing with AYP. this is a stat that not many elementary schools can boast. The school lunch room has just recently been awarded the "Gold Award of Distiction". This is a national recognition with fewer than 1 percent of the schools in the nation recieving it. This school has a working garden that the students are involved with. I feel welcome when I volunteer my time and I am appalled that this web site can give people a forum to spew inaccurate information and lies with no documentation of its accuracy. This is not fair to the students or the staff who have worked so hard to improve education, improve parental involvement, improve safety, improve the quality of lunches, improve test scores amd pride. I challenge anybody to come to the school and be "big" rather than being "small" by hiding behind such hatred.

Geneva Co Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2011
DONT KNOW WHICH IS WORSE SLOCOMB OR THIS SCHOOL. FOOD WAS SORRY WHEN MY KID WENT THERE. SCHOOL IS CLEAN. BUT NO EDUCATION AT EITHER SCHOOL. VERY RISKY PLACE TO LEAVE YOUR CHILD. NOT SAFE. IF YOU ARE IN GENEVA COUNTY IT IS BETTER YOU HOMESCHOOL OR GET YOUR KIDS IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL. YOUR CHILDREN WILL LEARN NOTHING. NURSE IS VERY INCOMPETANT. YOUR CHILDREN WILL LEARN NOTHING IN THESE SCHOOLS. THE POOREST SCHOOLS I HAVE EVER USED. WE FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE THAT RISKS LEAVING THEIR CHILDREN IN THESE 2 SCHOOLS. INAPPROPRIATE SUPERVISION. EXCESSIVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES NEEDED. BUSES ARE UNSAFE AND TOO HOT FOR CHILDREN. THE PRINCIPAL IS A TRUE LOSS TO HARTFORD. SURE COULD FIND SOMEONE BETTER WITH MORE EDUCATION AND LEGAL MANNERS AND RESPONSIBILITY. CHILDREN DONT GET ENOUGH TIME FOR LUNCH.

Posted February 04, 2011
This is a very good elementary school since Ms. Birdsong took over several years ago. My wife and I feel that the school is safer and we feel more welcome at the school. They have a lot of incentives for the kids, and they truly care about the students. Test scores have also improved. When our oldest son was there, this wasn't the case.

Geneva Co Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
great school, super teachers and great community for children

Posted March 11, 2010
I have been involved with Geneva County Elementary for several years.Over all most every teacher,support staff,lunch room workers and custodians always try to help the students.Mrs. Birdsong is a good principle.

Posted March 11, 2010
I have 2 children currently attending GCES & I myself was a 13 year graduate of GCES, GCMS, GCHS. My overall experience has been nothing but positive & hope that it only continues in the same direction. Anytime a concern comes up, I feel very confident that I can approach either the teacher/counselor, and/or principal in resolving the matter in a professional manner. If any suggestion could be made, it would be that they try to retain more of the staff each per grade rather than having to swap from 1 grade to the next but I guess that just comes with the changing of times. We just knew from year to year who the teachers were going to be for the particular grades without them being swapped up as much as it is now.

Posted March 10, 2010
I just want to express my thoughts on GCES. My child attends this school and I have always found the staff from the lunch ladies to the principal to be very involved in the learning process. I know that not not every parent will agree with me but then again everyone needs to look around his or her own home before casting judgement on someone else. The principal has always treated my child in a professional but caring manner and each teacher that we have had has gone above and beyond her meansm to help anyway she could to make sure my child has the best education and experience at GCES.-a proud GCES parent

Posted December 22, 2009

Posted March 16, 2009
I attended Geneva County from Kindergarten though 12th grade. All of the teachers I had while attending were very caring and supportive. They went above and beyond what was required of them to make sure that I succeeded. Starting in elementary school, where I had a tremendous amount of difficulty with English and spelling, my teachers introduced me fun and creative ways of learning and studying. With out this extra measure of caring I would not have been able to form a solid educational foundation. The 'extra mile' approach to learning did not stop there! When I entered high school the teachers only seemed to expand upon this idea. They understood that all children do not learn the same. They would incorporate book work as well as hands on learning whenever possible. Student involvement was the key to a successful class for all my teachers. I highly recommend this school.

Geneva Co Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2009
I am not impressed with this school at all! The lack of caring among the teachers is small compared to the rudeness of the principal. As an onlooker, I can not imagine working for a principal who demeans the teachers and children as much as the administration does here. It is no wonder we can't find / keep good teachers. Geneva County Elementary is only as good as the principal> who leaves a lot to be desired.

Geneva Co Elementary School
819 South 6th Ave, Hartford, AL  36344
Last modified Geneva Co Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Geneva Co Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top