Hartselle, AL

Barkley Bridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2014
This is the most stuck up school I have ever seen. The majority of the staff and parent are low class to barely middle class yet they think their stuff don't stink and they are better than everyone. These people really could use a reality check.

Posted July 30, 2014
The school is by far the best in the city. The principal has made this school one of the best in the United States. I have had two children come through this school and I was very pleased..Keep up the great work..Happy Parent

Barkley Bridge Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2014
I've never heard of such a thing as a medication conference. Also, how are the teachers able to bring your child home to get something that was left at home? Wouldn't they just call you instead? Personally you should make sure an elementary child has everything that they need, pack it the night before. I'm not a big fan of this school, mostly because they don't strive for the children to go above what's grade level. Not to mention the staff is snotty. My kindergartener can read on a 3rd grade level but didn't qualify for gifted services because she's only in kindergarten. Gimme a break. Her teacher on the other hand was great and did everything extra for my child. I would love to see her challenged, but maybe I'll have to move out of state for that.

Barkley Bridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2014
We moved to Hartselle for what is supposed to be some of the best schools in the state. What a mistake! The teachers tried to bring my child to our house during school hours when we weren't home on 2 different occasions because she left something. If your child does the slightest thing such as blurt out an answer without raising their hand the school will call you in for a conference. Once you get to the conference they try to talk you into medicating your child. They expect every student to be perfect and not say a word without being called upon. I have spokne with numerous other parents and everyone that I have spoken with have also had to attend a "medication conference". Those that chose to medicate their children afterwards have said it has been a nightmare. The first thing the teacher's ask the medicated children each day in front of the rest of the students is "Did you take your medicine this morning"? Those that say "no" have to have their parents called to bring it to them. In turn, the entire school knows who takes medicine and who doesn't. As a result, the children that do take it get teased by all of the non-medicated students. This is a HIPAA violation!

Posted November 04, 2010
I have had three children go though Barkley Bridge and have been pleased with the quality of the education and the experiences they have had. This schoo received tremendous parental support and constantly strives to improve upon past achievements.

Posted February 13, 2008
Barkley Bridge is the best!

Barkley Bridge Elementary School

Posted January 19, 2006
I think the teachers are doing a wonderful job with my son this year. However, I do wish parents were informed on an every two week basis about the performance of our children. Letting the parents know of any types of concerns they have.

Posted February 01, 2005
I have two children enrolled at Barkley Bridge Elementary (1st and 4th grades). I love the school and so do my children. The Principal and teachers are wonderful. They push the children to learn all they can. Academically the school is challenging, which I appreciate, but help is available to those who need it. I am a teacher at another school and I appreciate all that the teachers and other staff at Barkley Bridge do for my children. Parental involvement is very very high at Barkley Bridge. Teachers ask for support and parents give it. PTO is very active and useful at BBE. BBE has a wonderful curriculum, but I would love to see art added to the curriculum. I highly recommend BBE to any future student.

Posted August 01, 2004
My son loves Barkley Bridge! I have also been very happy over the last three years. The environment at the school is very positive, and the teachers and staff are caring and encouraging to the students. The teachers we have had did a wonderful job challenging my son to strive to do his best. My family highly reccommends Barkley Bridge for your child's elementary school years.

Posted July 15, 2004
So far Ive been very pleased with barkley bridge. My daughter will be in first grade this year but she learned to read & do some math last yr in kindergarden. I know some kids in other schools who are not even doing that yet. bridge has been great

Barkley Bridge Elementary School
2333 Barkley Bridge Rd, Hartselle, AL  35640
(256) 773-1931
Last modified Barkley Bridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barkley Bridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top