Crestline Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 587 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 23, 2013

Awesome school and staff!!!!!!!! My daughter moved from another school this year and is lving every minute!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 23, 2011

I love the school & how they love for the parents to get involved. My daughter is being tested for autism & a Crestline teacher my son had helped my daughter get into a speech class while she was in preschool. I have volunteered numerous times & I absolutly love the way they do things there. I'm even new to the area so I thought volunteering would be difficult for me but when they had parent orentation & meeting with the teacher. I told her that I was a volunteer & would love to help with anything that she needed. Teachers give you their phone numbers & e-mail so you can stay in touch. The Teacher that my kids have had loves their kids as if they were their own. As for the walking on the lines through the hall way; its a great way of teaching the kids to stay in line especially the kindergarteners. Kids like walking on the lines so I don't see what the problem is there! The principle is very nice & has tea time during school hours so parents can voice their concerns about things. She actually wants us as parents ideas & advice. They teach the kids to be responsible, be respectful, & be safe. You have to think that some rules are made b/c of some bad apples out there.

Posted April 9, 2011

I agree Mrs Varwig needs to move on. And yes the teachers and Staff are required to watch our children when they are on school grounds. We ave checked into this at school board! The school needs alot of changes. They allow bullying and do nothing, we ask that our child be tested for a learning problem and nothing gets done.They like to talk down to you as if we know nothing. Tanks for the comment people need t know. Mary

Posted April 8, 2011

I have talked with several parents and by several I mean over 30 and approximately 20 teachers. They all have the same thing in common " Mrs Varwig needs to find a new line of work". Some research I have done has revealed her salary to be around 110k a year, the city is not getting their money worth. Don't pick up your child late, she will threaten to file abandonment charges against you. I was late by 10 min and called to let them know I was running late and when I walked up to get my child she said being late will not happen again (first time) or the child will HAVE TO BE PUT IN EXTENDED CARE. I asked why my child couldn't wait just inside the door and was told that she nor her staff where required to watch children after 3:05PM. I asked her what the school board thought about that and panic came across her face. That's when she threatned me with child abandonment if I was late one more time.

Posted May 12, 2010

It's a great place to learn. The teachers are very dedicated to the students and their school careers.

Posted May 21, 2009

I was shocked the first day of school to learn that the children were required to walk a taped line on the floor wherever they go within the school. My son has enjoyed the social aspect of school, but hasn't progressed since starting at Crestline. I am an involved parent and volunteered to help, only to be told they have a 'volunteer schedule' that is booked a month in advance. When I finally got permission to HELP at school, I was questioned repeatedly in the halls by the principal about why I was in the school. I was simply there to read to the children and make craft projects with them. I found the educational environment stiff and unwelcoming for the children and the parent participants.

Posted April 2, 2009

My child has had a wonderful learning experience at Crestline so far. We expect this positive experiece to continue through the fifth grade.

Posted December 14, 2007

Outstanding School. Good programs and Very involved Teachers. Our grandson was difficult in Kindergarden but is making A's in 1st grade. A good learning environment

Posted September 26, 2007

My family moved here when my son was in first grade. Everone I mean everone said Crestline. We did so and have never regretted it. I grew up in the hoover school system so I compare it to that. I think the too are equal.

Posted August 11, 2007

I love Crestline Elementary School.. My daughter started kindergarten there and had the best kindergarten teacher ever to start her first year of learning and she still adores Mrs. Robinson. She has moved into first grade and once again she is loving school. Having a great staff to watch over your child in your absense with the confidence that they are safe and having a wonderful learning experience is super. She can't wait to go to school which of course make things easier for everyone!! We are not originally from this area but the Crestline School welcomed me as if I had lived in Hartselle all my life. -Kim Murphy

Posted May 7, 2007

I moved to this area in November of 2006 along with my two granddaughters ages 7&8, 2nd and 3rd grades. The teachers and staff are outstanding and very helpful the whole school made the girls feel welcome and although it has been a struggle for my oldest she has began to improve and looks forward to attending school everyday. The teachers go above and beyond, especially Mrs. Witt who deserves a medal for her patience and guidance. I only wish we had moved here a few years back so my grandchildren would have had a more solid education. There is just no comparison to the Hartselle School System.

Posted October 11, 2005

I love Crestline Elementary School. My son had went to two other schools before we moved to the Cresline area. He had to be held back in KG and struggled with learning; he was very unhappy and developing low self esteem. He has started second grade at Crestline this year and has made A honor roll, his reading & math skills have greatly improved and he loves school now! A.H. LaShuere

Posted March 4, 2005

I think Crestline is a first-rate school, with a very dedicated & caring faculty and staff. We have been very pleased with our experience there since 1998. Dr. Joe Walters is an exceptional prinicipal. He does a superb job. My children feel safe and comfortable, and are excited to go to school at Crestline. We could have placed our children in any of Hartselle's elementary schools, but I am very pleased with our choice of Crestline. It really is a 'great place to learn'(our school motto), and my children have learned a lot!

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2012.

96 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2012.

96 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2012.

91 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2012.

91 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 91% in 2012.

103 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2012.

103 students were tested at this school in 2012.

All Students79%

Non-migrant91%
Poverty85%
Non-poverty95%
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students81%

Non-migrant86%
Poverty76%
Non-poverty95%

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2012.

101 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or level 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Science Assessment (ASA) to test students in grades 5 and 7 in science. The ASA is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 3.

Science

• Mrs Robin Kay Varwig
Fax number
  • (256) 773-3255

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now