Hartselle, AL

Crestline Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2014
This school is in serious need of a teacher overhaul. There are more than a few of 'bad apples' that are seriously hurting the children's progress and confidence. The goal of the principle is to put on a face and pretend as though everything is going swell. This, however is not the case. At least 10 parents have told me to steer clear of certain teachers. Coincidence? It must be very hard to dismiss a teacher at this school or otherwise, the principle chooses to put on a face for the sake of looking good. Furthermore, 'sight words' are teaching the child how to recognize the word 'she', but that child does not know what the letter combination 'sh' makes the sound of. If you are considering putting your child in this school, it is my experienced opinion that you continue the search past this school.

Posted October 23, 2013
Awesome school and staff!!!!!!!! My daughter moved from another school this year and is lving every minute!

Posted August 23, 2011
I love the school & how they love for the parents to get involved. My daughter is being tested for autism & a Crestline teacher my son had helped my daughter get into a speech class while she was in preschool. I have volunteered numerous times & I absolutly love the way they do things there. I'm even new to the area so I thought volunteering would be difficult for me but when they had parent orentation & meeting with the teacher. I told her that I was a volunteer & would love to help with anything that she needed. Teachers give you their phone numbers & e-mail so you can stay in touch. The Teacher that my kids have had loves their kids as if they were their own. As for the walking on the lines through the hall way; its a great way of teaching the kids to stay in line especially the kindergarteners. Kids like walking on the lines so I don't see what the problem is there! The principle is very nice & has tea time during school hours so parents can voice their concerns about things. She actually wants us as parents ideas & advice. They teach the kids to be responsible, be respectful, & be safe. You have to think that some rules are made b/c of some bad apples out there.

Crestline Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2011
I agree Mrs Varwig needs to move on. And yes the teachers and Staff are required to watch our children when they are on school grounds. We ave checked into this at school board! The school needs alot of changes. They allow bullying and do nothing, we ask that our child be tested for a learning problem and nothing gets done.They like to talk down to you as if we know nothing. Tanks for the comment people need t know. Mary

Crestline Elementary School 3

Posted April 08, 2011
I have talked with several parents and by several I mean over 30 and approximately 20 teachers. They all have the same thing in common " Mrs Varwig needs to find a new line of work". Some research I have done has revealed her salary to be around 110k a year, the city is not getting their money worth. Don't pick up your child late, she will threaten to file abandonment charges against you. I was late by 10 min and called to let them know I was running late and when I walked up to get my child she said being late will not happen again (first time) or the child will HAVE TO BE PUT IN EXTENDED CARE. I asked why my child couldn't wait just inside the door and was told that she nor her staff where required to watch children after 3:05PM. I asked her what the school board thought about that and panic came across her face. That's when she threatned me with child abandonment if I was late one more time.

Crestline Elementary School

Posted May 12, 2010
It's a great place to learn. The teachers are very dedicated to the students and their school careers.

Crestline Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2009
I was shocked the first day of school to learn that the children were required to walk a taped line on the floor wherever they go within the school. My son has enjoyed the social aspect of school, but hasn't progressed since starting at Crestline. I am an involved parent and volunteered to help, only to be told they have a 'volunteer schedule' that is booked a month in advance. When I finally got permission to HELP at school, I was questioned repeatedly in the halls by the principal about why I was in the school. I was simply there to read to the children and make craft projects with them. I found the educational environment stiff and unwelcoming for the children and the parent participants.

Posted April 02, 2009
My child has had a wonderful learning experience at Crestline so far. We expect this positive experiece to continue through the fifth grade.

Posted December 14, 2007
Outstanding School. Good programs and Very involved Teachers. Our grandson was difficult in Kindergarden but is making A's in 1st grade. A good learning environment

Posted September 26, 2007
My family moved here when my son was in first grade. Everone I mean everone said Crestline. We did so and have never regretted it. I grew up in the hoover school system so I compare it to that. I think the too are equal.

Crestline Elementary School
600 Crestline Dr SW, Hartselle, AL  35640
Last modified Crestline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestline Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top