Bad
Good

Posted April 28, 2016
Worst place ever to send a child with a disability! Principal is unprofessional and rude.

Posted February 22, 2015
All 3 of our kids attend Creekside and have for the last 6 years. We have enjoyed watching our kids grow with a friendly and welcoming staff. Most all of the teachers genuinely care about their students and it shows. Everything rises and falls on leadership and certainly Principal Matt Scott and his staff are to commended for the success they have had during his tenure.

Posted August 27, 2014
This review is only a review of the first grade. My child is in first grade at CSE, and WOW it is disappointing. In kindergarten the teacher seemed to care about the kids, and worked hard to teach them, but first grade is totally different. In first grade my kid comes home with work books, the kind of things you think they will do in the classroom, you know the stuff they should be learning in class. I always thought homework is for reviewing what the child has learned that day, and this year it would appear I thought completely wrong! In at least my child's first grade class the teacher reads them stories when they are not at things such as lunch or PE. THE TEACHER JUST SITS AND READS TO MY KIDS! WHAT KIND OF LEARNING IS THAT?! MY KID IS IN FIRST FREAKING GRADE NOT PRE-SCHOOL! Then my child comes home and I spend an hour teaching my kids to read and spell, once again me, I'm teaching my child first grade stuff not the person paid to teach. CSE First grade, story time for school work and home time is for learning! CSE first grade If you want your child to go here you might want to go ahead and get a degree in education.

Creekside Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
I teach all over Huntsville and have seen a lot of schools. My children go to Creekside, and I m pleased. As for "cold offices," I agree they need more warmth.But the front desk is knowledgeable or will find an answer, unlike many schools. It s efficient, warm or not. Parents shouldn't have full access to school.Lunchtime, crafts, parties, and reading is plenty, save distractions/authority issues.Not every parent is safe. I don t like PE. Too many kids, not enough space, not organized for games or learning fitness.Early gym classes don t get outdoor time due to the temp. Kids need fresh air every opportunity. They re behind in electronics. I do NOT like how teachers are using ipads to constantly test in other schools, but see the benefit for other purposes. All the arts are minimal and underdeveloped. Scholastically it s excellent.Teachers are thorough, loving, communicate well, and take time to go back to review things the class does not understand.They are learning driven instead of results driven.They address leadership in a way that teaches kids to do their best and work well with others.They work with the new systems our govt. is enforcing and making it work despite its flaws.

Posted June 06, 2013
CES is what you make of it. It's a county school so funding has to be split amongst smaller county schools. The school is great about finding alternative ways to get what it needs, through PTA, etc. There are a handful of teachers I would probably cry if we got placed with but our personal experience has been amazing. The teachers go above and beyond what's required to keep the kids challenged and working hard. My problems with the school can only be fixed if they get additional necessary funding. We are bigger than a city school and have less resources to work with. When you look at it like that, Creekside is going above and beyond any other local school around here.

Posted May 10, 2013
I love Creekside Elementary School and my daughter does as well. She, as well as every student who attends, has many opportunities in which to be a leader. The administrators and faculty work well together. Parents are very supportive and involved at Creekside. No school is perfect...that includes CES. I feel CES, like other great schools, is constantly looking for ways to improve.

Creekside Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2013
CES is not a school which cares about children with special needs. The only people who like Creekside are those people who are part of the 'in crowd '. The school is run based on popularity. Only the people who kiss up to the principals are happy with the way the school is being run.

Posted June 21, 2012
CES is a great school with great students, teachers and principals. I totally disagree w/ the last post concerning special education. I think this school goes above and beyond for all students. Mr. Scott, Mr. Taylor and Mrs. Adams and the teachers have high expectations for the behavior of all of our kids. All of the teachers my kids have had are excellent, well-prepared, challenging and loving. Everyone @ CES genuinely loves kids. My kids love the PE teachers, Art and Music as well. I do wish more parents would get involved. My kids love to go to school and CES is a GREAT school.

Posted October 30, 2011
If you have a child with special needs,I would not recommend this school.Never have a been made to feel worse about the "behaviour" than I have here.I am very hurt & dissapointed in what my child has been through!

Posted May 04, 2010
Creekside is an excellent school. I feel my son is safe, nurtured and challenged to be the best young man he can be,

Creekside Elementary School
16049 Sanderson Rd, Harvest, AL  35749
Last modified Creekside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.