Posted July 31, 2014
Love this school! The staff is amazing. Teachers really care. So glad we live in the district!!!

Posted July 08, 2014
Great teachers, Happy children and wonderful Parent Participation. My children have excelled here and have been well prepared for Middle school.

Posted September 11, 2012
Top notch school as to be expected in this area. The children are excelling, parents are involved, and teachers care about success at this school!

Posted May 29, 2012
I have two children at Endeavor and we love it. The discipline at this school is structured and enforced with care for the well being of all. Life has plenty of rules and I prefer my children learn those rules early in life. The new Vice Principal is OUTSTANDING and does a wonderful job each and every day to provide an environment conducive to learning and fostering self esteem. Most of the teachers are excellent. Accelerated reading and math programs are available to each teacher, but not all take advantage of them. Volunteer opportunities are available overall though not every teacher wants all parents involved in their classroom on a weekly basis. Endeavor is doing very well and I expect to see them continue to support their very adequate math and science programs even further in upcoming years.

Posted April 27, 2011
I have one child who has been at Endeavor for four years now. We have been very pleased with the school. I really do not understand the complaints about "the rules" and the lack of parental volunteer opportunities. In life, we have rules. They ensure order and safety and without a set of behavioral guidelines, teachers cannot do their jobs properly. We have never found the rules to be overly strict or unfairly enforced. Secondly, I have taken many opportunities to volunteer, whether it be reading to the class helping with class functions or just making copies and helping the teachers. The bottom line is no school is perfect, but this really is one of the best in the area. My son has been involved with four regular education teachers, one special needs teacher and numerous support staff and they have all been very friendly and helpful. I have always had excellent communication with the teachers and staff and they have been a very big part of his academic success. Bottom Line: You will get out of this school what you put in! Excellent school!!!

Endeavor Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
I totally agree with the comments about the school missing the mark with math and science. My son is in 1st grade and the teacher constantly complaint about everything and anything he does, I swear sometimes he is in bootcamp. I am confuse about the claim of each child will progress as they go but in first grade the teacher press the kids to test on third and fourth grade reading material. My son was reading before he went to endeavor and doing math on a first grade level, but the teacher is so bent on AR, the rest of areas go lacking. We asked his teacher to come to school on several occassions to help out with class activities and was told we can't, funny when there motto is parents and teachers working together. We are really considering home schooling our kids or sending them to private school.

Posted February 03, 2010

Endeavor Elementary School 0

Posted December 10, 2009
I am discouraged to see others label this school as 'teacher centric' versus 'student centric' in a negative light. I am a substitute in the Huntsville area for all 3 districts. Endeavor has been the best school that I have subbed for because of its rules, procedures, and positive teachers. I have dealt with more discipline problems in Madison city schools because the students are not taught to be responsible for their actions and issues are simply swept under the rug to maintain an 'image'. As an educator, I believe that 80 percent of my ability to teach is the ability to manage a classroom. This is the single most important factor in student learning. I would say that Endeavor is well managed versus teacher centric. And the 4th and 5th graders do get a mandatory 30 minutes of PE a day. They are not being disserviced by not having recess.

Endeavor Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2009
My son is in the fifth grade and each class actually has 26 students per teacher which was a huge concern. This is his first year and is slowly adjusting. Another policy that I would have liked to know before moving here would be no regular Recess in 4th and 5th grade. It is on a reward basis in which if the accomplish their reading goals they get a recess on Friday for a reward. I think kids at that age still need that fun time after lunch. Other than that I haven't noticed many extracurricular activities. It is a beautiful school and well maintained. The teachers are online and check emails through out the day and typically respond If your child is in a smaller hands on school(as mine was) it can be quite an adjustment. My son was well liked but this school seems difficult for friends.

Endeavor Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2008
My child is forced to read a fluency passage every night to meet a benchmark of 40 words a minute. She is given a test grade on it. Sometimes she makes it and sometimes she does not. She cries and cries and just wants to read her AR books. We save those for the weekend. The teacher says she is forced to do that by the reading coach. My sister has a child at Central in the same system and they do not do that there. We are thinking about selling our house and moving to the other side of the county. I never see the principal but the new assistant is a very nice to my child and me.

Endeavor Elementary School
1997 Old Railroad Bed Rd, Harvest, AL  35749
Last modified Endeavor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Endeavor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top