Bad
Good

It is my grandson's school and I have been active in the school in numerous areas. When his parents found out that they were zooned for this school we were all a bit sick. We had heard all negative comments and no positive one but this is where he had to go. WOW were we in for the most pleasant surprise. He has done well and has had many struggles to so, but with the teachers they have there ALL children get the positive enforcement they need. The best thing that happened in the years was the change in principals. The first one was good but the new man, Mr Chapmann has been excellent. He has made a big change in the teachers too. They are so much happier acting and this transfers to the students. My grandson is leaving for middle school and isready thanks to all his teachers and especially to a couple and Mr Chapmann thank you for allowing me to address this school.

I have 5 children. all but one have gone through Harvest, the last starts next year. I couldn't be happier. I have one special needs child and the teachers are simply amazing with him. very dedicated staff

I've seen this school go from marginal to exceptional in the 5 years my son has attended. Test scores got better every year and the leadership at the school improved every year as well. There are some truly great teachers here and they seem to genuinely care about the kids. They are definitely headed in the right direction!

Given the dedicated and hard-working administration and faculty, Harvest Elementary School is a fantastic environment for learning. The Principal and Vice-Principal are dedicated to the academic and personal growth of each student, and I'm convinced that the HES teachers translate that into excellence in the classroom. One does not have to dig too far under the surface to find a group of teaches that are committed to the HES student body in mind and soul, and many have served that school and our community for years. I will be eternally grateful for all involved in the development of my child these past six years.

I attended Harvest Elementary School from Pre-K through fifth grade. I have now graduated high school. When I attended Harvest, it was an amazing school. I was always involved in some learning experience, and the teachers were always there to help in any way possible, and to challenge us. I had the same principal as is there now, and many of the same teachers. Looking back, I am proud to say that I attended this school, for it prepared me exceptionally for middle school. I would not have wanted to go anywhere else.

I have three kids attending this school and am so glad the year is coming to an end! There is so much micr-managing going on at this school that it is obvious the principle does not believe the teachers can handle their jobs nor does it seem that there is any faith in the childrens ability to achieve greatness. The expectations are low and the challenges are far and few between. I want nothing more than to enroll in a different school next year!

all my kids went there,great teachers,and overall school!

I worried about my child attending Harvest because of the talks about the principal. I have not directly had to deal with her but I feel there is a little tension between the teachers and the principal. I have not encountered a teacher I did not like. They are exceptional and are the ones that work with your children and do a wonderful job. And on another note, I have never seen parent participation so LOW in a school.

I am very pleased at the education my son has been giving over the past 4 years he has been attending this school. I have not any better teachers than the ones at Harvest Elementary. The ones that I speek of are not there anymore, but when my son and I see them out they always speak to us wherever we might be.I also have not had the pleasure of my third grade sons teacher to come to his baseball game on his day off.That truly ment alot to us,and we will never forget that special moment. Again I say keep up the good work,and keep doing what you do best. Thank-you, Mr. Kennedy, and Mrs. Waring. You have really impacted our life.

There is a very palpable, negative atmosphere at this school. The principal is condescending, and talks down to parents. Parents are not welcome in the classroom -- not because of the teachers, by the way. We've been there two years, and both of my child's teachers said we were welcome to drop in anytime. Unfortunately, you can't get past the front desk, so, in reality, you aren't welcome anytime. Believe me, if I could quit work, I would home school my child. And, we aren't novice parents -- this is our youngest child's school, we have kids in college, and we've lived all over the US as a military family. This is among the worst schools we've ever encountered.

Last modified Harvest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.