Harvest, AL

Posted May 21, 2014
I've seen this school go from marginal to exceptional in the 5 years my son has attended. Test scores got better every year and the leadership at the school improved every year as well. There are some truly great teachers here and they seem to genuinely care about the kids. They are definitely headed in the right direction!

Posted January 04, 2013
Given the dedicated and hard-working administration and faculty, Harvest Elementary School is a fantastic environment for learning. The Principal and Vice-Principal are dedicated to the academic and personal growth of each student, and I'm convinced that the HES teachers translate that into excellence in the classroom. One does not have to dig too far under the surface to find a group of teaches that are committed to the HES student body in mind and soul, and many have served that school and our community for years. I will be eternally grateful for all involved in the development of my child these past six years.

Posted June 21, 2011
I attended Harvest Elementary School from Pre-K through fifth grade. I have now graduated high school. When I attended Harvest, it was an amazing school. I was always involved in some learning experience, and the teachers were always there to help in any way possible, and to challenge us. I had the same principal as is there now, and many of the same teachers. Looking back, I am proud to say that I attended this school, for it prepared me exceptionally for middle school. I would not have wanted to go anywhere else.

Harvest School 1

Posted April 30, 2010
I have three kids attending this school and am so glad the year is coming to an end! There is so much micr-managing going on at this school that it is obvious the principle does not believe the teachers can handle their jobs nor does it seem that there is any faith in the childrens ability to achieve greatness. The expectations are low and the challenges are far and few between. I want nothing more than to enroll in a different school next year!

Posted April 29, 2010
all my kids went there,great teachers,and overall school!

Harvest School 4

Posted January 05, 2009
I worried about my child attending Harvest because of the talks about the principal. I have not directly had to deal with her but I feel there is a little tension between the teachers and the principal. I have not encountered a teacher I did not like. They are exceptional and are the ones that work with your children and do a wonderful job. And on another note, I have never seen parent participation so LOW in a school.

Posted August 06, 2008
I am very pleased at the education my son has been giving over the past 4 years he has been attending this school. I have not any better teachers than the ones at Harvest Elementary. The ones that I speek of are not there anymore, but when my son and I see them out they always speak to us wherever we might be.I also have not had the pleasure of my third grade sons teacher to come to his baseball game on his day off.That truly ment alot to us,and we will never forget that special moment. Again I say keep up the good work,and keep doing what you do best. Thank-you, Mr. Kennedy, and Mrs. Waring. You have really impacted our life.

Harvest School 2

Posted December 14, 2007
There is a very palpable, negative atmosphere at this school. The principal is condescending, and talks down to parents. Parents are not welcome in the classroom -- not because of the teachers, by the way. We've been there two years, and both of my child's teachers said we were welcome to drop in anytime. Unfortunately, you can't get past the front desk, so, in reality, you aren't welcome anytime. Believe me, if I could quit work, I would home school my child. And, we aren't novice parents -- this is our youngest child's school, we have kids in college, and we've lived all over the US as a military family. This is among the worst schools we've ever encountered.

Harvest School 2

Posted February 17, 2007
Harvest has a huge turnover in teachers and staff members. I know each one has there own reason/excuse for leaving. As a parent, this is very alarming to me as why new staff and teachers can not stay for more than 1-2 years in a row. Music/Art classes are held for only 30 min./week and are always the first thing to be cut/skipped in order to have school assemby, fundaisers ect. There are too many children in PE at one time. P.E. class seems to be more organized than in previous years. The overall feeling of the school is one of keeping up appearances and not higher education.

Harvest School 3

Posted February 09, 2007
I wish my curiousity hadn't led me to check this site again. It was discouraging to read the posts about the problems at Harvest with the Principal from two years ago and realize that the same problems still exist. Teachers work in fear of their jobs, reliable volunteers and competant staff are driven away by the constant harrassment. PTA has been the best in five years.

8845 Wall Triana Hwy, Harvest, AL  35749
Last modified Harvest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvest School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top