Helena Intermediate School 3

Posted May 07, 2015
Helena Intermediate School is a nice school, although it has been our experience this year that they employ very few friendly faculty members. It is often hard to work with them and they almost always seem to be "put out" when helping parents even with simple tasks such as paperwork. Also, they are in a terrible location due to the unbelieveable traffic problem in Helena, which of course, is not their fault. However the person directing traffic in the mornings at the school is a fault and is almost always hateful. She also should worry more about the kids getting out of their cars safely, than what she wears and how she looks everyday. A bit too revealing on some days for sure. Lastly, the after school care folks are the best part of this school. They take good care of the kids, make sure that they play by the rules and behave; but most importantly make you feel welcomed when you come to pick your child up.

Posted January 16, 2014
Since moving to Helena from another school system, we have been so pleased with every aspect of the school. Everyone we have been in contact with so far has been wonderful. I also love how organized they are. They keep you informed of what is going on and make it easy for parents to be involved. I could not be happier with this school!

Helena Intermediate School 2

Posted August 31, 2013
There are getting to be many students in one classroom. The teachers do not recognize that all students do not learn the same way. This public school system is too worried about appearances and keeping up with the "Joneses" so to speak. Every child has a gift and time should be taken for it to be discovered...this is where public school systems fail. ADD and ADHD is a problem because they take away recess as punishment...sometimes the whole class gets punished for just a few students acting up. Give these kids a full hour of PE...active play and recess and you will see less problems with ADD and ADHD. I think teachers should be retested every year in order to keep their jobs. I see areas where money is wasted in the school that can be put put to use in other areas. Each classroom should have an aide to assist with the students due to the high teacher student ratio. Give more positive reinforcement instead of negative reinforcement. Do not take recess away from kids...they need the break. How could this school improve? Quit trying to impress the wanna be yuppies and treat everyone equally, if you see a child struggling, don't punish the child...take a moment and help.

Posted April 30, 2010
I love this school for my children and the teachers are very nice and they try to do their best every day

Helena Intermediate School

Posted April 26, 2010
We have great teachers and parents who really care about our children

Posted November 14, 2005
My husband and I have been very pleased with H.I.S. and the education our children have received at this school. The teachers take an interest in the children and are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure their needs are met. The principal and asst. principal are very approachable and make my child feel like he is a very important part of H.I.S. I want to thank everyone, including the lunchroom staff, office staff, janitors and bus drivers, at H.I.S. for making this experience a memorable one for our family. k.blackmon

Helena Intermediate School
3500 Hwy 52, Helena, AL  35080
Last modified Helena Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Helena Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top