Bad
Good

Helena Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2012
Helena Middle has been a great experience for my daughter. It has a high level of gifted students which creates competition for high level academics. Coach Knight is one of the most involved principals I have known. My only complaint is that they are much more supportive of athletics than the arts, but that is a complaint of most Alabama schools.

Helena Middle School 3

Posted June 07, 2012
Neither of my children liked it there. My son was picked on to the point that he was suicidal. When I took him out near the end of the year and home schooled him he was much more relaxed. There are way too many kids in the schools in the US and because of that it's hard to make friends since every year there aren't the same kids in your class (like in Ontario). We are moving out of Helena because I refuse to send my kids back there. The teachers are trying their best. my daughter's science class had 36 kids in it. how can a teacher manage that many kids?

Posted May 09, 2010
The most important thing is the teachers there are very dedicated and my daughter is very happy there. The level of education there is excellent

Posted May 03, 2010
Helena Middle School is a great school!! The administration and teachers really care about our kids and truly want them to get the best education possible. We love HMS!!!

Posted May 01, 2010
It is a wonderful school, with great teachers anda principal. It has been a place to say that I am proud that my children goes to school there. I am so thankful for this Middle School.

Posted May 01, 2010
When you have a great leader at a school such as Ms. Goolsby, it can't help but trickle down and create a great environment educationally, emotionally and socially! Best school around! My child has thrived from day one!

Posted May 01, 2010
I believe that children get a great education at Helena Middle School.

Posted April 30, 2010
This school is cutting edge with the curriculum and the staff and teachers are the best I have ever interacted with.

Posted April 29, 2010
I love Helena Middle School because they care for the children and the teachers are excellent. The small town feel of our community goes hand in hand with our new Middle School and my son is having a great experience there. I choose to live in Helena because of the schools.

Posted April 29, 2010
My daughter receives special ed services, and she never comes home complaining about school. She enjoys her class, and her teacher, and Mrs. G. is the absolute perfect example of an educator that is effective and caring.

1299 Hillsboro Parkway, Helena, AL  35080
Last modified Helena Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Helena Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top