Posted February 05, 2014
The principal of this school has to be the rudest, unfriendly, snob I think I have ever met! She has been the principal for just a few years , but has been there long enough to bring the ratings down. My children do attend school in Holly Pond and have been since kindergarten. I have one in 2nd grade, one in 6th grade, and one in 7th grade. They all loved school and stayed on the honor roll. For several years now, all three of my children come home upset and crying or come in talking about how they hate going to school now. As for the teachers they have had so far have been pretty good with the exception of 3rd grade. One of the three 3rd grade teachers is kind and caring, but the other two, let's just say if we have to continue school here, my 2nd grader will NOT be in their class. As for parent involvement, it's ALWAYS the same ones running it. I have tried to be involved in several things, activities, PTO etc, but some way or another, have been pushed out. I have started checking around looking at other schools and will probably start my children next school year at another school. Good luck to all parents trying to search for the right school for their children!

Posted August 17, 2010
My child is in 5th grade and has loved everyday of school at Holly Pond. The teachers are well prepared - especially the kindergarten teachers, who do an excellent job of teaching students to love reading.

Posted July 29, 2010
awful school that ostracized my child, gave him self esteem issues bacause he was treated unfairly by his teachers which cause the children to follow suit. Nothing was done about the kids bullying him because the teacher was friends with the ringleaders mom. Horrible and ridiculous are the only words that come to mind when I think of this school.

Holly Pond Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted September 24, 2007

Posted March 07, 2007
This school in my opinion is one of the worst schools my children have attended. My children were treated unfairly by the other students. They were not accepted by the students or the teachers. Coming from a level 5 school Holly Pond in my opinion is very behind academically. Also in my opinion the disciplinary actions are done with favoritism. If you are not apart of the elite you are treated differently. I would not recommend this school.

Holly Pond Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2006
Holly Pond Is A Great School Academically And My Daughter Does Do Very Well And Make Good Grades However I do Think That There Is Favoritism In Disiciplnary Actions of Staff Members Children Compared to Children Of Non School Employees!

Posted June 20, 2005
We moved here in Aug. 2004 from Tarrant, and what a wonderful change! My girls no longer fear going to school and they have really done great here! Thank you to the wonderful teachers and staff at this great school!

Holly Pond Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2005
I am very proud to send my children to this school. My children went to another 'feeder' school and Holly Pond has been a big change. The teachers are wonderful. My children love it here. The office staff in the elementary office are wonderful and helpful. I would recomend this school to anyone.

Holly Pond Elementary School
120 New Hope Rd, Holly Pond, AL  35083
Last modified Holly Pond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holly Pond Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top