Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The leadership at the school and in the district lacks structure and any true concern for the students. The assistant administrator for the freshman is a bully and the principal hides in the office. I have had nothing but bad experiences with the teachers and adminsitrators there. I will say that the harassment is not based in color and gender. It's more about class and social status. For everything my kid loves about this school I can name 5 that I absolutely hate.

I love Homewood High. Teachers are amazing, students learn a lot, they offer many AP classes and extracurriculars. Such a great school. I couldn't imagine bein anywhere else.

this school is garbage after the rapid decline of leadership in the past 3 years of Barnes' leadership.

This is by far the best school in state. From the elementary school thru high school, this school system emphasizes character development along with education. I am a Homewood graduate that went to Shades Cahaba now my children are going thru the system. What I love the most about it is that any student can find what they truly love to do whether it is band, athletics , computer, drama etc.. There is really no "IN " crowd here. It is a fairly small and close knit school system with outstanding parental involvement.

I graduated from Homewood High school a year ago and still go back to say hi to all the teachers and students i knew. Wonderful school, entergetic teachers and competitive with all the other surrounding schools. Not too big but not too small. perfect!

I love Homewood!!! Im a sophomore and i dont think i could be in a better school!

My daughter is a senior this year and really loves Homewood High School. The teachers and staff are outstanding and care about my daughters future. The one thing my daughter has enjoyed most of all is the band. I can not express enough gratitude to the band director and staff on how it has helped my daughter develop a wonderful gift of music. She has learned so much from the Homewood School System and I know that the school has shaped her into a responsible individual that will promise a great success in the near future.

Last modified Homewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.