Bad
Good

This has been the best school my boys have attended so far. Principal really care about students and try to solve any issue with patience and involvement. Teachers are caring and professionals. Staff is great, school is safe. Its just an amazing school. I am sad we had to move.

My school is awesome! The students are really welcoming. Kids with special needs are treated really nicely by everyone else. However, if you are just plain mean and unwelcoming, people will stay away from you. Kids at my school tend to be popular if they are rich or live in the neighborhood by the school. People still respect you, even if you aren't popular and that's why I love my school. I'm about to leave for middle school, though. Don't expect to be respected or have any friends if you aren't nice or talk to people nicely. It's all the way you present your with your personality.

Good school but surrounded with stuck up and snobby parents. You better be part of the 'in crowd' or you will be looked down upon. Its all about what street you live on and what kind of house you have.

Absolutely the best school a child can ever attend. Sadly my daughter is graduating and going to Homewood Middle School. We certainly adore this school. My daughter has been at Shades Cahaba since kindergarten and she has not ever had a problem. The school is fabulous!!

Excellent school. Great teachers and staff. Great installations. We moved out of state and now we can feel the difference.

We moved to the area halfway through the school year and didn't know anyone in the school. My kids loved it! The teachers and administrators are top quality. The diversity and tolerance in the school for differences among the students and parents helps the kids learn and live the Shades Cahaba Way. We are moving again and can only hope to find a school of equal caliber.

This is a great school! I was impressed with how fast my kindergarten son learned new things. However, if you are not from Homewood and not part of the 'in crowd' with the techers/administrators it's hard to get involved. I often felt left out of 'the loop'.

I am new to the school and school system.However I am very impressed.My child has been in private school for five years. I am glad that I made the change. I only wished it could have been sooner.

If your child has special needs such as speech therapy, Mrs. Hopper is awesome, and Mrs. Terry is a great kindergarten teacher, but unfortunately that's the only thing good I can say about the school. My child will not be attending there next year.

Last modified Shades Cahaba Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.