Homewood, AL

Posted January 29, 2014
My school is awesome! The students are really welcoming. Kids with special needs are treated really nicely by everyone else. However, if you are just plain mean and unwelcoming, people will stay away from you. Kids at my school tend to be popular if they are rich or live in the neighborhood by the school. People still respect you, even if you aren't popular and that's why I love my school. I'm about to leave for middle school, though. Don't expect to be respected or have any friends if you aren't nice or talk to people nicely. It's all the way you present your with your personality.

Shades Cahaba Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2010
Good school but surrounded with stuck up and snobby parents. You better be part of the 'in crowd' or you will be looked down upon. Its all about what street you live on and what kind of house you have.

Posted December 30, 2009
Absolutely the best school a child can ever attend. Sadly my daughter is graduating and going to Homewood Middle School. We certainly adore this school. My daughter has been at Shades Cahaba since kindergarten and she has not ever had a problem. The school is fabulous!!

Posted November 04, 2009
Excellent school. Great teachers and staff. Great installations. We moved out of state and now we can feel the difference.

Posted August 30, 2009
We moved to the area halfway through the school year and didn't know anyone in the school. My kids loved it! The teachers and administrators are top quality. The diversity and tolerance in the school for differences among the students and parents helps the kids learn and live the Shades Cahaba Way. We are moving again and can only hope to find a school of equal caliber.

Shades Cahaba Elementary School 3

Posted December 01, 2007
This is a great school! I was impressed with how fast my kindergarten son learned new things. However, if you are not from Homewood and not part of the 'in crowd' with the techers/administrators it's hard to get involved. I often felt left out of 'the loop'.

Posted May 15, 2007
I am new to the school and school system.However I am very impressed.My child has been in private school for five years. I am glad that I made the change. I only wished it could have been sooner.

Shades Cahaba Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2007
If your child has special needs such as speech therapy, Mrs. Hopper is awesome, and Mrs. Terry is a great kindergarten teacher, but unfortunately that's the only thing good I can say about the school. My child will not be attending there next year.

Posted September 21, 2005
When I enrolled my kids at Shades Cahaba I was greeted with a smile and sense of fullfillment. This school has been a blessing to myself and my kids. I have a 1st grader and a 5th grader and both receive the best academic help. I love the way this school work so hard to make reading a top priorty amongst the kids. How many schools do you know tell kids to bring a book to read while waiting in the auditorium for class to start? Mrs.Porter and her staff are wonderful and they make my kids enjoy going to school. My son receives much needed help from the staff up there and I am proud to say my kids attend Shades Cahaba Elementary!

Shades Cahaba Elementary School
3001 Independence Dr, Homewood, AL  35209
Last modified Shades Cahaba Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shades Cahaba Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top