Posted August 10, 2014
I love this school so much it truly teaches you how to be a young lady/ man the teachers are tough but you know what its nothing but tough love. our teachers give us such good support. I don't ever want to leave this school I think this school has a little more freedom than the last school I went to had. I hope you guys register for this school it's amazing! Keep up the good work BUMPUS!! ~ 2014-2015 student

Posted May 12, 2014
Let me just say this if you are moving to the wonderful state of Alabama don't bring your children to this school. The teachers are not very good although we do have a few good ones. But not as many as we should. My child has never had a problem making friends. This school has been very hard for him and its been over a year. The school does absolutely NOTHING to help them other then give them a peer buddy to show them around the first day which was great to find your way but that was about it. I have talked to at least 5 other newcomers to Hoover and they have all said the same thing about their children. Oh and if you ever go to the school the front office staff is horrible and rude!!! They all need to give up there jobs and go find something else because they are miserable. I have been told by several parents that the grades before Bumpus are great and Hoover High is good and we just have to make it thru Bumpus....I think this is unacceptable and they need to step up to the rest of the schools in lots of ways!

Posted May 05, 2014
The students at this school treat new students horribly! I've never in my life heard children say the things they have said to each other. It really makes you wonder how these kids are being raised by their parents or lack of parenting. The staff is lazy and rude. Teachers are also lazy and rude. The principal? What principal? Not involved.

Posted February 18, 2014
My daughter changed to Bumpus due to moving. I really hate this school, they are lazy and act incompetent. I truly wish she could go back to Simmons where there was more structure and organization. Its just god awful. Examples kids can't call home if they forget something, if you bring something for your child they won't tell them. Says its their responsibility well if they couldn't call home, and you remembered whatever they left how the heck do they know its there? I've requested more individualized help for daughter and she hasn't received it. I feel bad for my daughter that she even has to go here. Parents spare your children and move wherever Simmons is zoned.

Posted May 12, 2013
This school is the best! Everyone I know loves it. The teachers/principal are great and the students are very friendly. I love going to school here!

Posted June 03, 2012
I absolutely can't wait to go here!! Everybody says its awesome I'm soo ready!! Ugh come on 2012-2013!

Posted October 07, 2009
I am a teacher at this school and could teach at any school in town, but particularly love it here. Our principal could not be more supportive or present in the building, in the classrooms, at the lunchroom on the ball fields/court. Most of our students excel in the classroom and we are able to differentiate the curriculum to challenge and assist students when needed. Our facility is the cleanest I've ever seen and well-maintained. The teachers/staff are 'really' friends beyond the classroom and spend time bonding after 3:00 quite often. We are a real family here at Bumpus--with everybody lending a hand before being asked. This is a fantastic place to grow as a learner and be challenged to improve my instruction as a faculty member too. We have some of the finest technology capabilities in town, so what more could a teacher ask for?

Robert F Bumpus Middle School 0

Posted September 02, 2009
I Love Bumpus middle school it's great! they have 4 halls for 6,7,8 grade! i'm in 6th grade, but i fell in love with the school on the very first day here! it's so fun!

Posted June 26, 2009

Posted May 10, 2009
I am amazed at the quality of staff, and how genuinely helpful they are to each other and the students. This is the MOST wonderful school to work at!

Robert F Bumpus Middle School
6055 Flemming Parkway, Hoover, AL  35244
Last modified Robert F Bumpus Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert F Bumpus Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top