Bad
Good

I love this school! I'm so happy I made the decision to send my sons to Deer Valley. The principal is very attentive and is always present around the school. The teachers are great!

We are so glad our son has had the opportunity to attend such an excellent school. I only wish I would have gotten to experience all the wonderful things that DVES offers their students. The teachers request volunteers for help each year. There are so many programs for parents to assist. This is our last year and it will be sad to leave.

We are grandparents whose grandchildren have attended Deer Valley Elementary. We are sad to say this is the last year, since our granddaughter will be leaving at the end of the school year. We cannot imagine anyone feeling Deer Valley is a sterile, "nonwelcoming school." We have found the exact opposite....all staff.....office, administrators and teachers....have welcomed us with smiles, always friendly. We have always felt welcome, in the school and in individual classrooms. We found the teachers enthusiastic educators, the halls filled with students interesting classroom projects, the walls displaying beatuiful art projects and learning going on everywhere. Spending time at Deer Valley has been a joy. Thanks to all who have provided us and our grandchildren with such a positive experience.

I think Deer Valley is an excellent school. Students are learning and teachers are teaching. Teachers and administrators always go the extra mile for students. The parent support is outstanding. Once you have this kind of merger you can't help but have a successful school and that's what Deer Valley Elementary School is... successful!.

I loved this school and was so sad to leave! I just wanted to do Deer Valley Dribblers 1 more year!

We love Deer Valley - We have two children there. Every experience has been positive - the teachers and staff really care about the children and are very friendly. When we see them outside the school - they are friendly and talk openly. Teachers are terrific - they have great out of the box ideas that encourage learning. Mrs Weems is really terrific. Also Dr. Richardson is a jewel and we are blessed to have him. Mr. Mitchell was fantastic and I am excited that he will be at Brocks Gap when the kids get there. I really enjoy the classroom use of technology. We think Deer Valley is a great place to be.

I love DVES!! Yes, there are lots of students but it still has a small school feel except on program night. Dr. Richardson and Mr. Mitchell are some of the best in my opinion. While they are very different from each other it strikes a good balance for our school. There are times I wish things were a little more structured and a few more rules in general (I am a little "old" school) but, I wouldn't trade it for the love that my daughter feels there and the security that she has being there. We have had 4 fantastic teachers and the level of education she has received has been great! Once again, we LOVE DVES!

I think that the school is too big. I feel that the environment is very sterile and unfriendly. Parents are not welcome in the classroom unless they have an appointment. I feel that the office could be a little more friendly and helpful.

Great school! FABULOUS teachers and principals!

Deer Valley is an excellent school. Dr. Richardson and Mr. Mitchell are really an asset to the school. Teacher's involvement with the student is awesome! we are very proud to be a part of this school.

Last modified Deer Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.