Hoover, AL

Posted September 12, 2014
My son went to TCS from K - 4th -- now at the intermediate school. He is top of his class and is asked to help classmates from other elementary schools. My daughter is in her final year at TCS. Both children are leaders in their classes and the community. Trace has been a wonderful experience for both my children and really our entire family. The teachers even know my parents (kids' grandparents) as they have attended many things at the school -- Awards Day, Veteran's Day Program, Talent Show to name a few. I believe this is the only school in Hoover that goes 2 nights to the Space Camp in Huntsville -- such an invaluable experience! Outstanding faculty. Track Team. Robotics Team. Peer Helpers. Dance Teams. Community Garden. Pep Rallies with the High school. field trips to high school art lab for use of the kiln. Brand New playground. Culture Fair. SO many wonderful things!!!!! WONDERFUL Teachers and excellent academics!

Posted September 12, 2014
Trace is a terrific school with great administration and many qualified teachers. My son has attended 2 years and wants to try everything offered. The teachers encourage him and are very involved in his learning. He comes home all smiles and can't wait to start another day!

Posted September 11, 2014
This is our 4th year at Trace Crossings. We have had a positive experience and have had great teachers every year. My son loves his school and friends and looks forward to being there each day. The faculty seems to really care about the students. We haven't had a single problem during our time at Trace. I love the many educational and extracurricular opportunities my child has at Trace Crossings...math team, dance team, tinikling team, clubs to fit every child's interests, a technology department and science lab that can't be beat. Trace is the place!

Posted September 11, 2014
I have one child who has gone all the way through Trace Crossings, and another who is there now. We all love this school! The teachers and faculty are like family, and treat the children like their own! There are so many extras available to students! We have an award winning science/robotics team, and that's just one of the many amazing opportunities available there. We would not want to go anywhere else!!

Posted September 11, 2014
We moved to Birmingham to go to Trace Crossings. I have four kids and two are still there. I have been so impressed with the teachers and principal. The school has a science lab that compares with my college science lab that the students have used numerous times. My second grader grew vegetables in the school garden and made vegetable soup for the staff. The school offers many clubs and extra curricular activities such as dance, track, academic teams, etc. My husband and I would recommend this school to anyone wanting their child to be challenged and be surrounded by a multi-cultural atmosphere.

Posted September 11, 2014
We are happy with our experience at Trace Crossings. I know my child is in good hands at this school.

Posted September 11, 2014
This is the best elementary school in Hoover. I admire the fact that Trace Crossings provides professional development for the surrounding schools. I am privileged that my child is a huge part of the aWEsome things happening at Trace Crossings. The faculty and staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of each and every student.

Posted September 09, 2014
Our son arrived at Trace Crossings a little behind in reading after attending a private school the year before. Since then, the teachers here have helped him excel to the point he has been accepted into the school's gifted program. We could not be more pleased with the education our son is getting and look forward to our daughter enrolling next year in Kindergarten.

Posted August 27, 2014
Excellent School! Great learning environment for students, excellent teachers who care for children, safe and clean facility. The curriculum is challenging, the extra-curricular offerings are enormous and the school has incredible computer/science labs, as well as a new state-of-the-art playground.

Trace Crossings Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2013
This is our first experience with the public school system. So far it has been a good one. We have a first grader and a third grader and were surprised when they sent a nook home with our third grader and are working to incorporate technology in and out of the classroom. The new principal is highly visible and seems to be involved with redirecting the school at large. The overall communication is decent so far, not perfect but ok. The fact that all of the new hires seem to have Masters degrees is encouraging. A parent handbook or something for new families would be really helpful, we've already had to find out a few things the hard way. So far it seems a little less academically challenging than we were used to so we will be monitoring our children's progress closely. That said, our kids feel cared for and have adjusted quickly from private to public school.

Trace Crossings Elementary School
5454 Learning Ln, Hoover, AL  35244
Last modified Trace Crossings Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trace Crossings Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top