Hoover High School 4

Posted June 25, 2012
I am a graduate from Hoover High School 2012. This was a very great school. I loved my teachers they tried there best to make sure I understood the material. Ms.Kruse was the best english teacher I ever had she taught me so many new things and I actually started to like english a lot more. At Hoover I did struggle with math but only because of my previous school system. There are alot of things to get involved with at Hoover like band sports and many clubs. I was involved in FCCLA TNT FTA. I would send my child to this school hands down

Posted May 18, 2012
this school is the best school i have ever been too. they are really nice to their students. the faculty and staff are really nice. all the principals are really nice too. i think that when i have kids i want them to go to this school.

Posted January 23, 2012
Hoover is a great school. I very much enjoy coming in every morning. This is something I can honestly say I have never said about another school before. I have read some of the previous reviews and I do partially agree. Most students here are the typical suburaban Abercrombie and Fitch type. The others do fall through the cracks a little. Not "fitting in" is nonsense. The majority of the student population are friendly and outgoing. Teachers will always be there to help you. If a student is in need of extra help, many teachers are happilly willing to stay late to help a struggling student. Athleticly, you will not find a better school than Hoover. We have excellent sports teams here.But watch out, it is a big school and it is easy to get lost in when you first arrive. As far as being a freshman, I cannot recall a single instance of any sort of hazing. Hoover is a school mostly frree of bullys. No one likes a bully, and any Hoover student will help a peer.The surrounding neighborhoods are a great place to live. Hoover really is a great school.

Hoover High School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
Hoover sucks. THey do not teach you how to study(some people say that should be the kids responsibility but teachers should help) or anything that would actually help you in the real world like college or something, thy all expect you to absorb information. if they actually taught you how to open up a textbook and learn from it then that would be good. also if you are a little bit weird, good luck. IF you dress like a hippie or a freak or just not like everyone elses style in general and do not fit in do not expect to fit in here.

Hoover High School 3

Posted August 19, 2011
Hoover has very many opportunities for students to find what they love. Many of the teachers though are more concerned with staying on track that they don't seem to care about whether or not the student is actually understanding the material. Many of them are very unfair. Now many of them are great teachers and I fell actually do care about their students and want them to do well. Mrs. Gibson is the only Language Arts teacher that allowed me to understand grammar. This being said a lot of the times the fine arts and academic extracurricular activities get forgotten because of sports. All of the purchase orders will get put on hold if the football team needs something. As a student (and one who could personally care less about football) has found it very disappointing because i have lost school spirit. It has just been shoved down our throats and no one seems to care that we don't care. We are also no longer allowed to have a proper homeroom. If you have to go to the library, too bad, we have a special lesson and curriculum for homeroom now. You need to do ACTUAL SCHOOL WORK, too bad. It all in all has been a very disappointing experience and I personally can not wait to get out.

Hoover High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
All four of my children went to Hoover High. Two have gone on to college and are thankful they had such a great school to prepare them for their studies in college.

Posted March 19, 2009
Hoover High School is an excellent school. I have one child that has graduated and was well prepared for college. I have another child that is attending Hoover now and another one that will be there in 2 years. The teachers, administrators, and counselors really do care about the students and want to see them succeed.

Posted March 18, 2009
As as former student of Hoover High, I can certainly say that I was well prepared for college and entry into the 'real world'. Yes, it is a big school, but so is the real world. While I did not play sports, my brother was on the football team and I am so glad that he was. He was not a strong student, but being able to play sports was the motivation that he needed to keep his grades up. If you want someone to hold your child's hand through highschool, then I suggest home-schooling them.

Hoover High School 1

Posted January 14, 2009

Hoover High School 4

Posted July 12, 2008

Hoover High School
1000 Buccaneer Dr, Hoover, AL  35244
Last modified Hoover High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top