6-9, 12
Hoover, AL
Students enrolled: 1,210

Berry Middle School 4

Posted July 24, 2014
I currently go to berry, and I absolutely love it! At the assemblies award after award from all over the country are being announced , plus we are one big family! Yes there are people of all types that go to berry but does that really matter? I think it challenges students and really pushes us to do great things. All the teachers are understanding and caring and I feel like its my home away from home. My family moved to this district just for the schools, that's got to mean something!

Berry Middle School 2

Posted May 15, 2013
Currently I go to Berry and to be honest I cant wait for it to end. I'm a smart student but you would think everyone is because the teachers see who the weakest student academically is and then focus on teaching at a level they will understand. I have never gotten anything less than a 90 because some teachers give so many hints its not a test. the bullying is terrible the teachers really have no control over the kids they send them to in school suspension and the kids come back worse! The teachers also dont help you with your future like I really love writing but my Language Arts teacher has yet to say anything about furthering writing skills the only team that really cares is 6-3 they tell you about competitions and send in stuff. I dislike most of the teachers because they dont help. The only good thing is the electives and Dr.Wheaton the principal. If you like slowpaced schools then this would be an amazing school. But if you want your child to be academically challenged and gain skills they will actually use then pick another school.Here they are mainly worried about sports and clubs that win. if you arent in either of those then you arent important to Berry thats the truth.

Berry Middle School 2

Posted May 09, 2013
This school is far from what people from the outside may think it is. Please don't think just because it's located in Hoover it's the best of the best, no it's not. This school is highly over-rated!! My child attend's this school now and they don't stand by what they believe and preach to parents on the 1st day. I've heard sooo many things that go on there it's crazy. Like the reader before said the school is run by preppies, don't forget hoodrat's also, and the bullying is awful. I feel sorry for some of the stories I hear from my child about other students. It's not all what's it cracked up to be, and we most certainly will not be returning. It's not worth the headache!

Berry Middle School 1

Posted July 15, 2012
The academics here are not well. The teachers only pay attention to the class clowns creating rupture and havoc. They don't teach even half of the time, they enjoy playing around with the preps that could care less about education and gave up their life to sports. Yes, this school might seem parent - friendly and nice, but it's a whole different life to the students that try and learn for the better. For the extra curricular activities, basically the only well done part.

Berry Middle School 1

Posted November 05, 2011
OK guys, I used to go to Berry. I got to a fine arts school now, though, and I have to say; Berry is awful. Like two of the people on here said, THE SCHOOL IS INFESTED AND RUN BY PREPPIES!!! I despise preppies. When I went there, there was bullying, I think three or four fights (in one semester, I think) and oh my GOD is there SO MUCH CUSSING! I took advanced math last year and I could hardly learn the material because my teacher went too fast and didn't help me AT. ALL. Berry does have a secret life, I assure you. -A former student of Berry

Posted March 24, 2011
I am a student here at Berry, and I have to say that when I read the comment about berry's "secret life" I nearly hit the button to report inaccuracy. I have had a great 6th grade year at Berry, and the teachers truly care about each individual's future. Dr. Wheaton is the best principal ever. Mrs. Kneisley, the 6th grade principal, is very nice as well. The counselors, especially Mrs. Sizemore, are the best around. The PE coaches are fun to be around (except for Coach Maner and Coach Heffner, but that doesn't have anything to do with how good the school is.) Mr. Baggett, Mr. Neugent and Mrs. Johnson, the band and choir directors, are amazing musicians and teachers. Everything about BMS is great, and I love being here.

Berry Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2010
im a new student here from a diffrent district and so far i enjoy the comfort and help here but i guest since it my first year i havent heard any teasing or anything (yet).so ill come to tell u the rest as i get futher in.

Posted June 05, 2010
My daughter just finished 6th grade at Berry. The curriculum challenged her and received assistance from all of her teachers when needed. She finished the year with all A's and 1 B (she missed it by 1 point!!). Special recognition to Mrs. Pollini on the 6-2 team. She is exceptional!

Posted October 11, 2009
This school is awesome!!! they really care about your childs education!!! find the greatness

Posted July 27, 2009

Berry Middle School
4500 Jaguar Dr, Hoover, AL  35242
(205) 439-2000
Last modified Berry Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9, 12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berry Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top