Bad
Good

South Shades Crest Elementary School 1

Posted April 22, 2015
We are a family with a special need child. This has been the WORST experience of our child's education. Since we arrived to this school we have experienced nothing but indifference, cold shoulder, zero support, ignorance and racism. Our child's academic performance have been regressing noticeably throughout the months, placed with highly untrained and lazy teachers under the guidance of a person incapable to take a stand to defend the best interest of the children and too worry about taking up for the teachers. The prior male principal was a person with integrity and a highly trained individual, he took the time to personally sit with our child and get to know him. The current principal, has NEVER taken the time to care about our child situation except for when she was directly involved in the matter.

Posted April 18, 2014
SSC is a great school with awesome staff and loving teachers. The learning environment is praiseworthy. My SON loves the SCHOOL.

Posted February 19, 2014
I thinks this is a great school. My son has special needs and they accommodate him with everything. My son had a very small vocabulary when he first attended by the end of the year he knew all of his teachers names and classmates. This is a wonderful school that has helped my son tremendously.

South Shades Crest Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2011
Only the best teachers, great leadership and academic programs! If your child has the chance to go there, take it!

South Shades Crest Elementary School

Posted January 26, 2010
My son is now in his second year at South Shades Crest Elementary. Mrs. Knerr is the best teacher! All of the kindergarten teachers are. He is now in 1st grade and the teachers are just as wonderful. I feel very blessed to have my son at such a wonderful school.

Posted January 18, 2010
South Shades Crest is an awesome educational institution. I have two children enrolled three currently and a third to attend next year. All I can say is wow both my sons enjoy it there the curriculum is acceptable for the area and the attention to detail is at times amazing. After transferring my oldest son from Greenwood Elementary (an utterly depressing place) to South Shades Crest my faith in the education system of the South was restored. They are happy there and I am more then happy to send my minions there to learn and grow every day.

Posted November 29, 2007
Ms. Pitts is a wonderful teacher for 4th grade! She will help your child with anything they need! sometimes she will allow the student to come in early for school and she will help them with any subject they need! The principal and assistant principal are great! When ever there is a fight or someone gets hurt Mr. Singer and Ms. Gurosky run to the rescue! For kids with special needs they have special teachers and the kids will go to the teachers at least 2-3 times a day depending on the special needs they need! this is an awesome school!

Posted November 06, 2007
SSC I love it! There is true 1 on 1 with time with my son's teacher . Ms Tomberlin is available if I have questions or concerns anything. She is a keeper! It is definitely family centered education & includes my younger children as well in most school events.

Posted August 26, 2005
SSC is a wonderful school! The teachers truly care about the students. What is amazing to me is the one on one involvement between the pricipal and the students. She knows them by name.

South Shades Crest Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2005
A lot of parental support, good school, excellent teachers, but curriculum, particularly math, leans to 'progressive' for the sake of being cutting edge, rather than for effectiveness.

South Shades Crest Elementary School
3770 So Shades Crest Rd, Hoover, AL  35244
Last modified South Shades Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.