Hoover, AL

Posted August 05, 2014
Last year was our first year at this school. We loved it!!! Excited to start a new year, my son can't wait!

Posted April 06, 2014
Green Valley has provided an awesome environment for my children to learn. My oldest has excelled in their Enrichment Program and is challenged physically at PE as well. My kindergartener has been given intervention in reading without any hoops for us to jump through and his vocabulary and reading retention has improved drastically this year. The teachers love the children and my children love them too. The school is safe and clean. The low student/teacher ratio is amazing. We feel very at home at GVES.

Green Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
Green Valley use to be a good school but it went downhill with the hiring of the new principal Mr. Singer in 2009. We had difficulty with both the Kindergarten and 1st grade teacher providing timely communication or any concrete feedback. When it was brought to his attention Mr. Singer did nothing about it. We have now transferred to another school and my child is thriving and learning more than ever before. The only saving grace was the counselor and vice principal which have both now moved to new schools. There are some really good teachers at this school but unfortunately we did not have them and if the trend continues that all the good staff is leaving I feel sorry for the children zoned for this school. Green Valley scores went from the 75th percentile to the 22nd percentile since 2009. I would not send a child to this school until they have a new principal.

Posted July 12, 2012
i went to Green Valley 49 years ago .( 1965 -1968 ) Mrs Allen was my 2nd grade teacher. mrs. Odom was my 3rd grade teacher . Ms. Smith was my 4th grade teascher . i loved it there .

Posted January 04, 2012
This school it's amazing! all the teacher are very professional, the school has excellent enrichment and title 1programs, the speech services are the best in the district, plus they offer the ELL program after school for English learners, however the principal it's not nice or kid friendly, he has no manners with parents.

Green Valley Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
I love Green Valley because it's an amazing place to work! Faculty and students make my job as a teacher so much easier!

Posted September 10, 2009
I have had children in K, 3rd and 5th so far and we all love the school. The teachers are great. The children love school and feel safe and happy in their environment. The faculty, office staff and administration do an outstanding job. Everyone is positive and friendly.

Posted July 25, 2009

Posted May 05, 2009

Green Valley Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2009

Green Valley Elementary School
3200 Old Columbiana Rd, Hoover, AL  35226
Last modified Green Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top