Bad
Good

Last year was our first year at this school. We loved it!!! Excited to start a new year, my son can't wait!

Green Valley has provided an awesome environment for my children to learn. My oldest has excelled in their Enrichment Program and is challenged physically at PE as well. My kindergartener has been given intervention in reading without any hoops for us to jump through and his vocabulary and reading retention has improved drastically this year. The teachers love the children and my children love them too. The school is safe and clean. The low student/teacher ratio is amazing. We feel very at home at GVES.

Green Valley use to be a good school but it went downhill with the hiring of the new principal Mr. Singer in 2009. We had difficulty with both the Kindergarten and 1st grade teacher providing timely communication or any concrete feedback. When it was brought to his attention Mr. Singer did nothing about it. We have now transferred to another school and my child is thriving and learning more than ever before. The only saving grace was the counselor and vice principal which have both now moved to new schools. There are some really good teachers at this school but unfortunately we did not have them and if the trend continues that all the good staff is leaving I feel sorry for the children zoned for this school. Green Valley scores went from the 75th percentile to the 22nd percentile since 2009. I would not send a child to this school until they have a new principal.

i went to Green Valley 49 years ago .( 1965 -1968 ) Mrs Allen was my 2nd grade teacher. mrs. Odom was my 3rd grade teacher . Ms. Smith was my 4th grade teascher . i loved it there .

This school it's amazing! all the teacher are very professional, the school has excellent enrichment and title 1programs, the speech services are the best in the district, plus they offer the ELL program after school for English learners, however the principal it's not nice or kid friendly, he has no manners with parents.

I love Green Valley because it's an amazing place to work! Faculty and students make my job as a teacher so much easier!

I have had children in K, 3rd and 5th so far and we all love the school. The teachers are great. The children love school and feel safe and happy in their environment. The faculty, office staff and administration do an outstanding job. Everyone is positive and friendly.

I like Green Valley teachers and other staff members. My 3rd grader child's teacher works very hard with her students. She handles all situations very patiently and sansibly. I love this school as staff is outstanding and understanding.

The faculty and staff at Green Valley are very concerned and interested in the childrens education. The only problem I had was with the principal whom I found to be extremely insensitive especially when it comes to difficult children.

Don't be fooled by the seemingly 'dated' exterior look of Green Valley--inside it houses some of the best teachers and parents that Hoover City Schools has to offer. I wasn't sure if this school would have the same technology offerings available at the 'newer' schools--but they definitely do. Plus, since Green Valley seems to be smaller than the other schools we visited--I know my children get individual attention every day. At first, we were a little hesitant of moving into one of the 'older' neighborhoods--but it has been well worth it. Everyone here is just so friendly and the teachers are really motivated to challenge the students. Only negative for this school is that there is no bus service available unless you live more than 2 miles from the school.

Last modified Green Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.