Hoover, AL

Posted October 02, 2014
My child has been at Gwin for 3 years and we have had nothing but good experiences. The teachers are positive and engaging but have high expectations for the students. The PTO has welcomed us in as new parents to the school, and helped us find out more about how we can become involved in the community.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son is in 4th grade. I am very pleased with the school and the faculty.

Posted July 31, 2012
My granddaughter moved from another well liked elementary school in the Hoover School System to Gwin. I can truly say that the teachers she has had the last two years at Gwin are excellent and she has been challenged and motivated to think on her own and do well. The leadership instills in the children how much they care about each other and this is very unusual and refreshing.

Posted July 29, 2011
My children, 1st and 3rd grader can't wait to get back to school at Gwin after summer break. They have both gone there since Kindergarten and have always been challenged academically. They are also encouraged by the staff to show good character in their school and community. The teachers at Gwin are very knowledgable about what each student needs. The administration is always open to listening to suggestions and are great leaders in the school. The school just has an all around friendly and fun academic atmosphere.

Posted May 29, 2011
We relocated from Georgia and have been extremely pleased with the transition. My boys really like their teachers and the faculty as well. It is a "neighborhood school" where our boys have been challenged and enjoy learning. We will be there for a while being that we have four boys, 3 years apart and we know we made the right decision with Gwin!!!!

Posted February 26, 2011
Our son has gone to Gwin since 1st grade, after a transfer from a private school . Boy, do we wish he'd gone to Gwin for kindergarten, as well! Gwin has exceeded our expectations. Our son gets extra help and the feeling I get is that he has a real 'support system' at Gwin. Caring, responsive, positive - all things that I love about the Gwin 'community.' The principal and assistant principal are lovely women who really care about the students. The teachers, in a word, wonderful. Gwin is an excellent school with a challenging curriculum. I can't recommend Gwin Elementary School enough!

Gwin Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2010
The school is just OK. There are a few programs that shine -- like the fantastic enrichment program. But the administration leaves a lot to be desired. While a handful of the teachers we've experienced have been good at communicating with parents, many of our inquiries (which were not unreasonable, either in number or subject matter) were left unanswered. The curriculum has been less than challenging, and we have had to do significant amounts of additional work at home to supplement what is lacking at Gwin. Our work at home is then frequently "undone" at school, where creative problem solving and alternative learning methods are discouraged. We've been most disappointed, and will soon be moving our child to another school.

Gwin Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Teachers are wonderful and always helpful and informative. The principal and vice-principal are always willing to help and always have the best interest of your child in mind. A great school!

Gwin Elementary School 0

Posted July 14, 2008
Gwin has been a wonderful school for two of my sons. Both of them have learning problems and the teachers have been remarkable. The support staff is more than qualified to help students and the administration has been impressive. I have a third son starting kindergarten this year and we are looking forward to every aspect of school.

Posted February 23, 2008

Gwin Elementary School
1580 Patton Chapel Rd, Hoover, AL  35226
Last modified Gwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top