Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teachers have been mostly great. The school it's self is well taken care of. The administration is not at all adequate to handle the amount of students there. I have had a child mishandled by a teacher, a child left on a school bus and forgotten about, and the after school program is a disorganized wreck. I will be thrilled to be out of this school when my kids are all in middle school.

I adore Gwin! My daughter is absolutely thriving there. The teachers are top notch and truly experts in their age group. It's small enough that I feel like everyone really knows her even if they aren't her main teacher. This school is awesome!

My child has been at Gwin for 3 years and we have had nothing but good experiences. The teachers are positive and engaging but have high expectations for the students. The PTO has welcomed us in as new parents to the school, and helped us find out more about how we can become involved in the community.

My son is in 4th grade. I am very pleased with the school and the faculty.

My granddaughter moved from another well liked elementary school in the Hoover School System to Gwin. I can truly say that the teachers she has had the last two years at Gwin are excellent and she has been challenged and motivated to think on her own and do well. The leadership instills in the children how much they care about each other and this is very unusual and refreshing.

My children, 1st and 3rd grader can't wait to get back to school at Gwin after summer break. They have both gone there since Kindergarten and have always been challenged academically. They are also encouraged by the staff to show good character in their school and community. The teachers at Gwin are very knowledgable about what each student needs. The administration is always open to listening to suggestions and are great leaders in the school. The school just has an all around friendly and fun academic atmosphere.

We relocated from Georgia and have been extremely pleased with the transition. My boys really like their teachers and the faculty as well. It is a "neighborhood school" where our boys have been challenged and enjoy learning. We will be there for a while being that we have four boys, 3 years apart and we know we made the right decision with Gwin!!!!

Our son has gone to Gwin since 1st grade, after a transfer from a private school . Boy, do we wish he'd gone to Gwin for kindergarten, as well! Gwin has exceeded our expectations. Our son gets extra help and the feeling I get is that he has a real 'support system' at Gwin. Caring, responsive, positive - all things that I love about the Gwin 'community.' The principal and assistant principal are lovely women who really care about the students. The teachers, in a word, wonderful. Gwin is an excellent school with a challenging curriculum. I can't recommend Gwin Elementary School enough!

The school is just OK. There are a few programs that shine -- like the fantastic enrichment program. But the administration leaves a lot to be desired. While a handful of the teachers we've experienced have been good at communicating with parents, many of our inquiries (which were not unreasonable, either in number or subject matter) were left unanswered. The curriculum has been less than challenging, and we have had to do significant amounts of additional work at home to supplement what is lacking at Gwin. Our work at home is then frequently "undone" at school, where creative problem solving and alternative learning methods are discouraged. We've been most disappointed, and will soon be moving our child to another school.

Teachers are wonderful and always helpful and informative. The principal and vice-principal are always willing to help and always have the best interest of your child in mind. A great school!

Last modified Gwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.