Bad
Good

Simmons bullying is out of control, with very little action to control. You can guarantee that your child will be bullied several times a week. Principal is great. 50 % ratio on good/bad teachers. Most teachers and staff, I feel, are just there to do "a job" and get a check. The thought process of most teachers and staff is never considerate for the students. I would not recommend this school.

I have to agree that some of the teachers at this school are very inconsiderate. My child's 6th grade year was horrible. He a teacher that was really down right mean and another that was just plain rude and always seemed to have an attitude. It was pretty bad, looking back over my older kids school year, there was nothing nearly as bad as how my child felt because of the way a teacher treated him, not other students. Just sad that teachers like that exist. The principle seems to really care for the students and seems to do a very good job. I would just say if your child has issues with the teachers, talk to the principle and not the teacher, I wish I would have!

Simmons is a wonderful school. Principal Brian Cain is very concerned about the students and ensure his staff provide the best possible education for his students

My children love Simmons as well do I. The talk and contact us very well. Everone there is wonderful.This school is great!

the greatest. Teachers and others are so helpfull to my daughter with adha

Simmons is a wonderful school! I went there for one year, but recently moved and my new school is not even close to being as great as Simmons! Simmons has great teachers, good discipline (not too harsh, not too lenient), a good curriculum, and great programs.

Simmons is a greater than great school. Both of my children have done great in academics and sports. Teacher-student ratio is low and both of my children's teachers have always been willing to assist where needed in their academic progress.

Simmons is a great school. The principal cares about the students. She really extends herself to help with any concerns a parent may have. Most of the teachers go out of their way to help the students. A few a so-so and a bit too strict.

The teachers and other faculty at this school are the strong point. The principal is the finest administrator I've ever worked with as a parent. She has built a strong academic team of teachers and has garnered the respect of most of her students (no small feat for this age group). The Fine Arts program offers wonderful opportunities for students. Their only weakness is engaging their diverse parent population in the mission of the school. They're working on it, but change is coming slowly. Some of us would prefer more challenging material academically for our children, but that, too, is difficult to change quickly. Having said that, it is apparent that the Principal recognizes these weaknesses and is always working to make Simmons stronger as a school.

Last modified Ira F Simmons Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.