Ira F Simmons Middle School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
Simmons bullying is out of control, with very little action to control. You can guarantee that your child will be bullied several times a week. Principal is great. 50 % ratio on good/bad teachers. Most teachers and staff, I feel, are just there to do "a job" and get a check. The thought process of most teachers and staff is never considerate for the students. I would not recommend this school.

Ira F Simmons Middle School 3

Posted May 05, 2014
I have to agree that some of the teachers at this school are very inconsiderate. My child's 6th grade year was horrible. He a teacher that was really down right mean and another that was just plain rude and always seemed to have an attitude. It was pretty bad, looking back over my older kids school year, there was nothing nearly as bad as how my child felt because of the way a teacher treated him, not other students. Just sad that teachers like that exist. The principle seems to really care for the students and seems to do a very good job. I would just say if your child has issues with the teachers, talk to the principle and not the teacher, I wish I would have!

Posted August 12, 2009
Simmons is a wonderful school. Principal Brian Cain is very concerned about the students and ensure his staff provide the best possible education for his students

Posted July 02, 2009
My children love Simmons as well do I. The talk and contact us very well. Everone there is wonderful.This school is great!

Posted December 22, 2008

Posted December 19, 2008
the greatest. Teachers and others are so helpfull to my daughter with adha

Posted October 08, 2008
Simmons is a wonderful school! I went there for one year, but recently moved and my new school is not even close to being as great as Simmons! Simmons has great teachers, good discipline (not too harsh, not too lenient), a good curriculum, and great programs.

Posted January 23, 2008
Simmons is a greater than great school. Both of my children have done great in academics and sports. Teacher-student ratio is low and both of my children's teachers have always been willing to assist where needed in their academic progress.

Posted December 23, 2007

Ira F Simmons Middle School 1

Posted August 26, 2007

Ira F Simmons Middle School
1575 Patton Chapel Rd, Hoover, AL  35226
Last modified Ira F Simmons Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ira F Simmons Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.