Posted April 23, 2014
Rocky Ridge is an excellent school. I have 1 child there now and another who has gone on to Berry Middle School. My child who is now at Berry was thoroughly prepared for middle school. She has had a smooth transition, thanks to the excellent teachers at Rocky Ridge. Both my kids are totally different so I can honestly say I've experienced both case scenarios. My child who needs extra attention academically, gets it. My child who catches on easier, was challenged. I couldn't be happier with Rocky Ridge. The teachers are truly awesome and care about the children. Also love that they introduce and encourage technology.

Posted September 27, 2013
We have been very pleased with Rocky Ridge Elementary both for our own children and now our grandson. The teachers our grandson had in K-6 and now in 1st grade have been excellent. The education level offered will help prepare them for going forward with their studies.

Posted May 23, 2013
I am very happy with my children's education at Rocky Ridge Elementary School. I am so happy with the teachers (especially the art program), the administration and the other parents. I am glad that my kids are zoned for this school that has more to offer with different cultures and different social classes. They have both gotten so much from RRES, I am very pleased with their schooling there.

Posted April 24, 2013
The school is great...completing fifth year at the school and agree completely with the last review. Other than I wish more parents would participate, this school is perfect in every other way. My child is challenged and also has opportunity to participate in progressive programs and utilize technology frequently. The administrators are VERY involved in every student's progress and always visible and supportive. The communication is great and the teachers are enthusiastic...no complaints at all!!

Posted April 19, 2013
I am actually baffled at the current rating of 6 on this site. Rocky Ridge is an excellent school and is a 10 in my book! The teachers, staff and principals are very friendly and are all great with the kids. There is a high level of dedication and compassion about education and making sure the children get the best. As a mother, I was very pleased with the way they cared for my child, looked out for her safety and well-being, monitored her progress closely and kept me consistently informed of everything going on with her, her class and the school in general. If it weren't for us moving out of the district, I wouldn't hesitate to send her back again. As far as public schools go, this one is excellent and I am glad that my child was able to start her education at Rocky Ridge!

Posted August 14, 2011
Great Leadership and personal attention to each child. Entering fourth year at the school and could not be more excited! Parent involvement is tough and seems that same parents handle all aspects...wish there was more involvement but the school cannot do anything about that type of issue.

Posted May 26, 2010
Another year completed at Rocky Ridge and we continue to be impressed. Small classes and welcome parent participation make a huge difference as well as the emphasis on the music, art and technology. Glad we are here!!

Posted May 25, 2010
The staff is very committed to the kids. Small classes and great leadership. Parents and kids love it!

Posted May 25, 2010
I am so proud that my children attend Rocky Ridge Elementary! The classes are small with excellent, devoted teachers. There seems to be an emphasis on technology, which is important in our modern world. The school is always squeeky clean.

Rocky Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2008
My child started kindergarten this year. She has done so well and we have felt so welcome. It has been a pleasure watching her learn so much and have fun with learning. After much prayer, God revealed to us that his will was for our child to attend Rocky Ridge (as opposed to private schooling). The size of the classes are smaller than I expected, so I really feel like she gets the attention that she needs in learning. As for the March 20 post, I've not seen any trailers, but frankly, I'm not as concerned about the building my child is in, as much as WHO is in it teaching her, and that teacher's abilities and overall character. As much as there is the world today to worry about when raising a child, trailers are the least of our worries.

Rocky Ridge Elementary School
2876 Old Rocky Ridge Rd, Hoover, AL  35243
Last modified Rocky Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.