Posted February 15, 2013
I transfered to Garywood from a public school. First, they really don't offer a wide arrangement of classes. At my public school we could choose from a list of electives. The biggest problem with the school was that none of the teachers (that taught high school) actually had a degree in what they were teaching or either didn't have a degree at all. The school wasn't credited when I went there so my diploma was worth nothing until they became credited 2 years later. I learned nothing my senior year. The SAT's are a sham. The whole school basically was. The teachers mean well, but a subsitute teacher shouldn't be made the offical teacher just because they couldn't find a replacement. Graduated in 2005.

Posted December 21, 2008
i went there and loved it the teachers are very nice and helpful .i highly recament it to other students .it is very education. the stuff about the Lord is very good infuence to the us the kids ..the staff is very cool and nice .. alot of socal activitys ..your kid will love it .

Garywood Christian School 3

Posted February 21, 2007
This is my daughter's first year at Garywood. She was a great student at the public school. She had more problems at Garywood although the classes are smaller. They definitely need some major improvements.

Posted July 29, 2006
My child attended this school through two years of middle school (7th and 8th grade). It was an overall horrible experience and we realized afterward that she would have been much better off at the local public school. The test scores of the school in general are typically high but the students are given extra 'help' with them. My daughter was far behind the rest of her grade when we enrolled her in the local public high school, despite being top in her class at Garywood 'Christian' School. I do not recommend this school to any parent planning on enrolling an older child at Garywood. Maybe if they grow up in it though, they will be 'in' with the adminstration and staff.

Posted September 29, 2004
This school is awful. My child attended this school for 3 long months during which time she she regressed at least a year behind what she should have been.

Posted September 27, 2004

Posted July 27, 2004
My child has attended Garywood since 3rd grade she is now in 7th grade. We honestly love this school the christian atmosphere, the loving attitude of the teachers is something you will not get in a public school. Just knowing that she can pray and learn about Our Lord Jesus is so comforting and it makes me feel at ease to know she is in a safe place. I would recommend Garywood Christian to anyone who wants their child to feel safe and loved. Thanks Garywood for being there for us.

Posted June 29, 2004
I have been at Garywood for 5 years. I have had 3 children finish school here and still have 5 presently attending. I was very impressed that the SAT scores are higher than any other private or even public schools in the area. I was just as impressed with a variety of many other things, such as: how the teachers seemed to connect with the students, the variety of sports, the christian attitude of the coaches, the overall caring attitude for my children from the head administration all the way down the ladder, the christian atmosphere on campus, and so much more. But I was the most impressed by one fourth grade teacher who cared enough to take the time with one of my daughters who has dyslexia. She knew how to work with her and this past year for the first time she made 'A' honor roll. Thank you!

Garywood Christian School
2750 Allison Bonnett Memorial Drive, Hueytown, AL  35023
Last modified Garywood Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Garywood Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top