Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

It's nice that they are recapping the day or weeks class work as opposed to sending home new information. It's not so much that you have to fight with the kids to get it done. Our first grade homework takes approximately 30 minutes a night to complete including test study.

My some is in his second year at NHES. I love all the staff we have encountered. His teachers have contacted me any time issues have arisen. I get the sense that I can come to them with any problems we are having. I am so happy that we are zoned for this school. Last year he was is Mrs. Obriens class and this year he is in first grade with Mrs. Aldrich. I don't have much experience with the other teachers but these two are first rate in my book. All the staff know the kids by name. The children really seem to thrive here. The curriculum seems to be spot on and they seem to help the kids a lot in class. I don't feel like it is left up to the parent to "teach" the homework that is sent home. At some schools, when the children get home with homework it may as well be in Greek for all they understand. You don't get that feeling here. It's more of a recap of the day as opposed to new learning.

I have two children who goes to this school. I have had to butt heads a few times to get things moving or the point across. I like the fact its a smaller school, have cameras and such. But the teachers and principle isn't good at letting you know when problems happen with your children at school. They like to take care of things in house so to speak. I want to know when my kids are having a bad day! I don't live that far and is available all day! I wish that would improve some, plus their website isn't updated like it should. I want to be able to get on there and find out what's going to happen and such. Not half assed as it been. When i leave message for someone to call me back it goes a day or two before i get a call. I always have to show up before someone jumps. I lost pride in this place which is sad, but for right now my kids will go here but there may be some changes in the future if things don't get better.

This school is quick to write children off if they begin to struggle. The 3rd grade teacher (Mrs. Hare) is wonderful and goes above and beyond helping her students but other teachers are not as kind. Many of the teachers do not see their students achievements as a reflection of themselves... It is sad when a teacher 'bullies' your child and gains pleasure in making them cry. Extremely unprofessional!

who ever wrote all this mess had to be the kiss up PTA because this school has problems!

Excellent leadership. Dedicated Faculty. Great size. Lots of support staff. Well organized Good initiative.

I was a student and I know have a daughter attending North Highlands Elem. I think the school is excellent with safety. This school has been great with my daughter in showing ways to learn and keep interested. She has loved all her teachers and there has not been one complaint from me our my daughter about any of the activities that go on at this school. I have been very pleased.

I currently have one child that attend here and another child in 7th grade that attende NHE. Both of my children are in the gifted programs and I owe it all to the loving and deicated staff. Mrs. Ware's decissions have been solely based on the health and safety of the children in her care. The teachers truly love their job and their students. I am truly happy at NHE.

I have 2 children that attend North Highland Elementay, a 5th grade and a 2nd grader. My 5th grader has never had any trouble, She has always maintained all A's. My 2nd grader has had trouble in school since he started there. He has never gotten into trouble behaviorally, it has been academically. His teachers and I have been in contact trying to come up with a plan to help him. I also would like to say that he is basically a year younger than most of the kids in his class. most are already 8 and he will not be until May. Recently we had him tested and found that there were sound reasons for his difficulties. Since then, we have come up with multiple strategies to help him. He has already shown Great improvements in this short time. I am grateful for the wonderful teachers and staff.

My daughter currently attends kindergarten at NHES and is doing great. In four months of going, she can sound out any word she sees, and read in sentences. Her teacher does excellent in making time for one on one learning with the kids, and wants them to excell. The principal is very nice and understanding and knows what it means to run a school. We have a wonderful PTA that takes time to put together every event and volunteer for them. The school is very organized and full of teachers that care about your children, not only as a student but as a person.

Last modified North Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.