Huntsville, AL

Posted April 29, 2015
I would highly recommend Grace Lutheran because, simply put, they care. The teachers and staff take a personal interest in my child and my family. They strive to make sure each student gets not only a proper education, but they also work with them individually to help with spiritual and personal development. They work in tandum with each child's family to address specific needs. If my child is struggling in a certain area, personal, spiritual or educational, we work together as a team to reinforce appropriate behaviors. I feel like I have partners whom I trust guide my child while she is in their care.

Posted March 11, 2015
My child's spiritual and educational needs are being developed in a great way. We have been nothing but pleased with the results of Grace Lutheran School. Christ really shines through their work and the fruits of their labor.

Posted March 09, 2015
It is very comforting to know your child is in a safe and caring atmosphere at Grace Lutheran School.

Posted February 07, 2015
Grace is very strong academically! Above the standard curriculum, my daughter takes Spanish, Art, plays the flute, and studies the Bible. My daughter feels loved and accepted. The peace I feel when I drop her off each day is priceless!

Posted December 25, 2014
I am a alumni of Grace Lutheran School that wouldn't trade my experience at Grace for anything. I have just recently graduated from high school with high honors and have begun my college journey. Grace prepared me for education in the public sphere in some ways better than a public education may have. All the teachers I had were a wonderful instrument in instigating my curiosity for learning and provided a solid education.The smaller atmosphere allows the teachers to really get to know the students, and the students the teachers. The teachers knew I was coming years before actually being a part of their class, and I knew exactly who my teacher would be, which was a really good thing for a kid. The entire school is a tight knit community, which truly fosters friendships. While I may not have known a lot of people going into high school like the kids from larger schools, I have friendships that I still carry today because you really get to know your classmates as everything from volleyball to cheerleading to band is done together. I know this school may not be the best fit for all, but I would definitely consider it.

Grace Lutheran School 3

Posted September 27, 2014
Grace has many pros and cons. Most parents are very involved in this tight knit community. Many teachers are positive and loving, but others are burnt out and need to retire. The classroom my child was in last year was filled with yelling and negativity. Disrespectful students talked out of turn a lot, which led to a horrible experience of punitive punishments by the teacher, who was unable to control the classroom. This year's teacher is also unable to handle these problem students. Why not utilize the principal? I had also noticed some students being bullied and excluded by other students. For example, when one student sat down at table with their class, the whole table of students got up and walked away. On the other hand, the music program, library,lunch program and extracurricular activities are wonderful for such a small school. The academics are an important part of the school, and they have high standards. I agree with another reviewer who stated that an elementary teacher was extremely rude. I have experienced this firsthand in an ongoing basis from her. I am sorry her students have to face this.

Grace Lutheran School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
If you love your child, DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL, particularly to the first grade. The first grade teacher does not possess the required education for an elementary educator. Not to mention, the first grade teacher is hard to understand even for an adult, either due to a speech problem or her "loved" martinis. The communication link between the teacher and parents is horrible in that the study material does not match their testing material, there is no communication if your child is having a problem, and there are many other communication problems. I'm beginning to believe my daughter when she constantly says that the teacher does not take time to show them how to do the work problems and simply hands out worksheets expecting them to already know. First grade is about REVIEWING & LEARNING, not TESTING non-stop. Oh, and you won't catch the teacher without her hot pink phone. Most jobs have a cell phone policy; however, it seems that there isn't one here at this school or the teacher just doesn't seem to care, the same careless attitude she has towards the school. The rudeness that I've seen in person to the way she treats the kids is absurd. Picking GL is a mistake.

Posted January 27, 2014
Grace has been perfect for my son who fell through the cracks in a larger public school. I only wish we had enrolled him sooner. He's a second grader and spent PK, K and 1st grade at a southeast public school and it was very overwhelming and socially challenging to him. Grace is loving and academically excellent.

Posted February 20, 2013
I love Grace Lutheran School. I had my child in public school for two years before and was not happy with it. I put my child in this year and I have seen such a difference in him. He is reading well, engaged with his school work and enjoying it. They use multiple methods of teaching so that my hands on learner is easily engaged. Also, I love that Christian faith is taught. If your a parent struggling with your child learning at school, especially a hands on learner, I highly recommend this school! It has made all the difference for us.

Posted September 18, 2008
This school is excellent. It has wonderful teachers, great academics, and lots of extra curricular activities. My son loves it, and I recommend it to everyone.

Grace Lutheran School