Grace Lutheran School 3

Posted September 27, 2014
Grace has many pros and cons. Most parents are very involved in this tight knit community. Many teachers are positive and loving, but others are burnt out and need to retire. The classroom my child was in last year was filled with yelling and negativity. Disrespectful students talked out of turn a lot, which led to a horrible experience of punitive punishments by the teacher, who was unable to control the classroom. This year's teacher is also unable to handle these problem students. Why not utilize the principal? I had also noticed some students being bullied and excluded by other students. For example, when one student sat down at table with their class, the whole table of students got up and walked away. On the other hand, the music program, library,lunch program and extracurricular activities are wonderful for such a small school. The academics are an important part of the school, and they have high standards. I agree with another reviewer who stated that an elementary teacher was extremely rude. I have experienced this firsthand in an ongoing basis from her. I am sorry her students have to face this.

Grace Lutheran School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
If you love your child, DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL, particularly to the first grade. The first grade teacher does not possess the required education for an elementary educator. Not to mention, the first grade teacher is hard to understand even for an adult, either due to a speech problem or her "loved" martinis. The communication link between the teacher and parents is horrible in that the study material does not match their testing material, there is no communication if your child is having a problem, and there are many other communication problems. I'm beginning to believe my daughter when she constantly says that the teacher does not take time to show them how to do the work problems and simply hands out worksheets expecting them to already know. First grade is about REVIEWING & LEARNING, not TESTING non-stop. Oh, and you won't catch the teacher without her hot pink phone. Most jobs have a cell phone policy; however, it seems that there isn't one here at this school or the teacher just doesn't seem to care, the same careless attitude she has towards the school. The rudeness that I've seen in person to the way she treats the kids is absurd. Picking GL is a mistake.

Posted January 27, 2014
Grace has been perfect for my son who fell through the cracks in a larger public school. I only wish we had enrolled him sooner. He's a second grader and spent PK, K and 1st grade at a southeast public school and it was very overwhelming and socially challenging to him. Grace is loving and academically excellent.

Posted February 20, 2013
I love Grace Lutheran School. I had my child in public school for two years before and was not happy with it. I put my child in this year and I have seen such a difference in him. He is reading well, engaged with his school work and enjoying it. They use multiple methods of teaching so that my hands on learner is easily engaged. Also, I love that Christian faith is taught. If your a parent struggling with your child learning at school, especially a hands on learner, I highly recommend this school! It has made all the difference for us.

Posted September 18, 2008
This school is excellent. It has wonderful teachers, great academics, and lots of extra curricular activities. My son loves it, and I recommend it to everyone.

Posted February 04, 2007

Posted December 05, 2004
- a former student
I absolutely loved going to Grace Lutheran, and wouldn't trade it for any thing else. I attended there from kindergarten until fifth grade, and was broken-hearted when I had to leave (which was only because the high school I was going to attend had a major change from 5th to 6th grade, so the transition would be easier for me during sixth grade since the new surroundings would be new to everybody else, too). The teachers are awesome, and I honestly remember almost every day that I went there. Most schools have little cliches, but not Grace; Grace is a big family setting. It's small, but I'm glad it is. You know everybody there. I highly recommend it!

Posted October 17, 2004
To potential Grace Families, I recently had 3 sons in 'Grace' and found it to be fabulous, Christ-centered, loving, and family oriented. We are a military family who tackles frequent moves and therefore, look quickly to find a 'home' for our sons.The teachers all went out of their way to communicate needs and were very open to our military lifestyle. In addition, the teachers listened to the special needs I found important for our sons and tailored needs accordingly. Upon our move from Grace, (yes, due only to a military relocation) my children all left with a strong bond(like family)to their teacher and friends as did I. We will miss Grace and all it has to offer. We would certainly enroll again if stationed in vicinity. Blessings to all of you! Donna Armstrong

Posted December 18, 2003
My child was in public school until last year. Grace Lutheran has been the best thing that we could have done for our daughter. She has learned so much from Grace. She is not just learning the required studies but she is learning so much more that she will be able to carry with her forever. I am thankful everyday for the teachers and staff at Grace Lutheran

Grace Lutheran School