K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Our children have attended Randolph for the past eleven years. We have watched them develop and grow in an environment that encourages self-advocacy, personal responsibility and accountability. They have been in a community that approaches education as the celebration of learning: reading for the love of it; studying to question, challenge, dismantle and reconstruct, look through the minds of others; doing to express, experience and live; and collaborating to make the whole even greater than its parts. From kindergarten, our children have known the pleasure of appreciating and experiencing the arts; discovering for themselves how creativity -in a limitless myriad of expression - brings color, challenge and passion to our world and our universe. They learn, not only foreign language and geography, but different cultures. While only one of our children is now a student athlete, Randolph's inclusive approach to athletics allowed both to participate in a variety of sports over the years. They appreciate the discipline and leadership athletics require as well as the importance of the comraderie school sports bring to the entire community. They are encouraged each day to choose to be kind people of integrity. They are learning the importance of strong character - of standing for something whether or not it is the position du jour. As they have gotten older, our children have been assisted and supported in finding their individual passions and pursuing them with an eye to becoming leaders in those areas within the school, within their community, at their future colleges and beyond. This has been the case with both of our children even though one is quite introverted and the other extroverted; one is an athlete and the other an artist. Thanks to the many opportunities and the nurturing environment Randolph provides, they are both finding their places under the sun. We are very pleased with our overall experience with Randolph School, its faculty and staff. We highly recommend the school to those seeking a rigorous, well-rounded education for their children.

Randolph is a wonderful school that really focuses on creating a lifetime love of learning in it's students. A big part of the reason that we chose to send our daughter to Randolph was that Randolph's goal that every student is known, challenged, and loved. This philosophy of Randolph's is completely different than the current "one size fits all" education of the masses. I can truly say that Randolph teachers adjust the lessons and classrooms to each student's unique style of learning. A good example is the movable furniture and centers that they use in the elementary school. They embrace my daughter's individuality and personality and push her in a loving way to be her best and do more. The biggest reward for me as a parent is that my daughter loves her school and her teachers and is excited every day about learning! Choosing Randolph was the best decision for our family!

Randolph is a gem in the Huntsville, AL area. A true community--Randolph parents, teachers and administrators work together to develop critical thinkers who are socially responsible individuals. As we begin our second year in the lower school, we have been consistently impressed with our teachers' expertise and enthusiasm for teaching, challenging, and nurturing our child. We love our Randolph!!

We have been at Randolph for three years, and we absolutely love it! Our son is in third grade and the small class size and personalized learning he receives are above anything that we ever imagined! His teachers add special touches to his education from giving books to him to read over the summer to sending us pictures during the day to show us what an amazing day he had learning. We are truly blessed to have such an wonderful school in this area.

My daughter started Kindergarten at Randolph this year and so far we are pleased. We chose Randolph because our daughter's preschool teachers told us that she was bright and would need a school like Randolph to keep her from getting bored, and to help her reach her full potential. So far, our daughter's teacher has completely customized her reading and math curriculum, by consulting teachers from later grades and acquiring advanced materials. Our daughter goes to pull out classes that teach to her level, and she takes home 3 to 4 new books from the fantastic school library every night to read. The public schools around here, while good, cannot match this. Not in Kindergarten. If you have a bright kid, they will work with you at Randolph, and help your child succeed.

Randolph is a very good school from an academic standpoint. The arts program is also top notch. We are very dissatisfied in the social atmosphere; the middle school is quite "cliqueish" and my child has had difficulty fitting in. We are searching for alternatives - to find a quality education and a more accepting, friendly atmosphere.

In Huntsville, Al there is no better choice for education. The staff, from the dean to the janitor, are committed to the best possible out come for the students. Classes are challenging, with the goal of preparing (100% of the) students for college. Academic & athletic achievement's are recognized & celebrated. The administration is constantly evolving to meet & prepare for the challenges of an ever changing future. They know education has to be a fluid and encourage students to understand the material as it relates across the spectrum of classes; not just in the context of math or art, but how art & math compliment one another. Our child has been there since K and with no hesitation I can say we plan to keep here there through graduation. As parents we are active in the Randolph community and volunteer our time as much as possible. I think parent involvement is one of the things that make this school such a huge success. When parents are paying for education there is an invested interest in overall success that translates to the entire student population. If you serious about your child's education and can afford the tuition there is no better place to educate your child.

Our 10th year at Randolph. Education was a top priority for our family when we moved here 11 years ago. After talking to many other parents of both private and public schools we choose Randolph. Since then we have never regreted our decision. The faculty are commited the students and challenge them at every step of the way in the education process. The administration is also constantly evolving to help meet the demands for the future and ensure that the school is providing the best in all aspects for the students needs. If your are looking for a school that will challenge your children and help prepare them for college and the future, then look no further.....

This is our first year at Randolph, and I have students in both the lower and middle school. I can not say how much we are enjoying the experience. The faculty is engaging and teach, not through lecture, but activity. The students get to delve into a subject and not to pass through it in order to have covered it before state testing. I find homework to be age appropriate and not lengthy. I sincerely appreciate Randolph's philosophy of not being grade based but urging the student to always try to achieve more and want to learn more. I also appreciate how they want a student to be well-rounded, encouraging not only the arts but athletics and allowing students to the opportunity to do both. It is everything I want my child's education to be for them. The school's administration has been supportive of our whole family, and I have nothing but wonderful words for both the admission and business office.

The administration took the time to go over ways I could finance this school. I am impressed with the concepts the lower campus students are introduced to and the library system. There may be a lot of homework at the end of the day but I prefer that more so than someone simply passing my child through school with little or no knowledge base! This is our first year and my rating is based on the entry experience and not the entire school year.

Last modified Randolph School is a Private school that serves grades K-12