Huntsville, AL

Valley Fellowship Christian Academy 2

Posted April 29, 2015
I've been going to this school for around 9 years now and here's my honest review of it. The Good -The teachers, the teachers are great, they care about the students and want them to learn. - You can take dual-enrolment classes that also count for college. - The food, the lunch food is really good. The Bad - It's super easy to get by without doing work and still maintain good grades, I would know. I've been doing it basically all through high school. - It's super easy to cheat here, a lot of the teachers aren't observant. - There aren't really any electives or extra classes you can take. - The administration, they don't handle situations correctly. Just this year there has been multiple issues. The administration yelled at a senior and made them cry because they were "too slow" they also told another one that "she doesn't have Jesus and that she didn't belong here". Mrs. Simon (the principal) is super sweet but it seems that she does have a "bad side", she's good at teaching Bible but I don't think she can really handle being an administrator. Overall it's really a good school, it's just the administration. Academic wise: 4/5.

Posted March 23, 2015
I love the extracurriculars that are available to my children. Both of them enjoy the activities. They're still young enough that it isn't too intense for them, but it is fun and keeps them busy.

Posted February 12, 2015
Our children enjoy attending the Little Valley Program's K-1 and K-3 classes. Our daughter is learning about God's love for us and has even begun to recite Bible Verses from memory. She is conducting science experiments already in the classroom! Our son is so happy and enjoys playing on the playground. It is easy coming to school, because my children enjoy being here with teachers and aides that care about them, and are helping them grow in their mind, body, and spirit.

Posted February 11, 2015
I am very grateful for Valley Fellowship Christian Academy. I have two boys enrolled in Little Valley Academy. They are growing academically, socially, and spiritually. They are learning the Word of God and hiding it in their hearts. My son is reading and adding in PK4! He is going to be very prepared for Kindergarten. I am so excited for the future of VFCA. It is truly a place of grace and love.

Posted February 11, 2015
I have a K5, 4th Grade and 6th Grade student enrolled at Valley Fellowship Christian Academy. They have been enrolled since they were in K3. I love the way their teachers and Administrators nurture, pray and mentor each of them. The academics are excellent, and they are taught the Word of God and how to enter into God's presence! My children also enjoy playing soccer, basketball and T-ball for VFCA. I feel very blessed to partner with a school focused on excellence in my children's body, mind and spirit.

Posted February 11, 2015
My kids love to go to VFCA. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old currently enrolled. My older son often gets upset when I come to pick him up because he doesn't want to leave. My boys love their teachers, and they love their friends. As a parent, I feel that VFCA nurtures a safe and fun learning environment for my kids.

Valley Fellowship Christian Academy 3

Posted February 01, 2015
This review will concentrate on the high school at Valley Fellowship, and our rating reflects our assessment of that part of the school. We had children in the elementary school and were very happy with their teachers, the staff, and the program overall. Our rating for the elementary side of the school would be 5 stars. The high school, in our opinion, has some issues that need to be addressed. In some of our child's courses, material was not covered in a timely way; progress was stymied by teachers giving students a "second chance" to take a test or quiz in order to improve the apparent performance of the class. One male teacher made a few inappropriate remarks about some of the female students. The once a week chapel services are conducted in a contemporary style: students who do not subscribe to religious traditions that use contemporary music and that allow a certain amount of 'dancing' will be noticed unfavorably, and those students' devotion to God will be considered to be in question. There are some very dedicated and talented teachers in the high school, and we are grateful for their contributions to our child's education.

Posted November 11, 2014
I really like the smaller classroom sizes at Valley. I think it is wonderful that this provides more individualized attention from teacher to student.

Posted September 16, 2014
My children graduated from this excellent school. My children were fully prepared for college and received multiple scholarships. The spiritual atmosphere is very strong and healthy. The Word of God is the basis of their mission. The fully accredited academic program is also very strong. The church, pastors, administration and staff are godly and highly qualified. I appreciate the genuine godly mentoring and Christian partnership of this school.

Posted September 15, 2014
VFCA has a community that is unequaled at any school I've seen. It's warm, and most parents know each other by name as well. We attend field trips together, go to school performances and even call when someone has forgotten a book or needs help for a test.

Valley Fellowship Christian Academy
3616 Holmes Avenue Northwest, Huntsville, AL  35816
Last modified Valley Fellowship Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Valley Fellowship Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top