K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I graduated from there in 2010 and I feel that they did a fantastic job preparing me for college. I was taught how to study and prepare on my own, I was offered help as needed but my hand wasn't held though-out my schooling, I was taught that if I wanted a good grade I had to work for it because it wasn't going to be handed out to me. It is expensive, but the christian environment is great and the teachers I had were very supportive of my mission work once I got out of school.

We love Westminster! They say they are a covenantal Christian school and that is exactly what they are. My children have been at this school for 5 years. We came from public school, and they positive changes in them since coming to WCA have been amazing! I have checked, and the teachers here are all degreed, so they not only offer Christian discipleship but quality education too. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else.

Westminster is a great school inside and out. The commitment of teachers and staff members to continuous improvement is exceptional. The people I work with are committed to loving the children and showing them how to follow Christ by example. So many times when you get involved in the inner workings of an organization you become disappointed. That is not the case at this school. I was a parent before becoming employed here, and I am more convinced than ever that this is where my family needs to be.

Our family has enjoyed Westminster Christian Academy since our oldest was in kindergarten. Our oldest child graduated from Westminster and youngest child will soon graduate. We are so thankful to be part of such a wonderful school family. Our children are polar opposites and both thrived here spiritually, academically, musically and athletically. The school is not perfect, because the world is not perfect; however, there is no other place that I'd rather for my children to attend. I highly recommend Westminster!

My child attended this school for 2 years. She has a learning problem and we thought a private school would help but the staff did not know how to handle her. Instead of helping they just have her grades. The first year I just thought she had a bad teacher. But then it happened a second time and the staff acted as if they didn't care. She attends public school now and is in the top of her class. Another problem is they do not want parent involvement and lied to me about my child.

Westminster Christian Academy has been a great place of Christian fellowship and encouragement! Students are distracted by so many things these days and Westminster Christian Academy is a safe place where students are able to grow academically as well as spiritually!

As an upcoming graduate of WCA and spending my entire education there I would love to share my experience there. People are being challenged and getting the education that is being paid for. There is a lot of homework but they (the teachers) are doing it for our benefit to help us be prepared. The Christian environment is great and open but as others know not everyone at the school is a Christian. The teachers all have callings to be there and love to teach. The coaches are tough to make the kids better and teach them to strive for excellence. Anyone who believes that they are wasting money needs to talk to their kids. Kids these days in public school are not challenged and it shows with how national scores turn out. As a Christian and student I believe that only those who want to be lazy and have everything handed to them are the ones who do not enjoy the experience. I wouldn't have traded any of my experiences at WCA with any other. No matter the hardships I believe that this school is the best in Huntsville if not all of Alabama. -Wildcat '13

I attended WCA for high school. Going to WCA was not worth any of the money my family spent (Auburn s full time tuition was cheaper than WCAs) Majority of my high school teachers, on paper, were not qualified to teach high school level classes. I ve seen middle school teachers with higher education than what I saw at WCA. Some teachers were actually elementary school teachers that were moved to the high school when there were faculty and budgeting shifts. I had a great GPA at school, because it was extremely easy. I got an alright ACT score which got me into Auburn and Alabama. I went to Auburn and my first year was terrible. I pretty much did not learn a thing to prepare myself for college class life, WCA let the students get away with too much, and they were strict on social policies not academic ones. I 100% believe that I would have been more successful in college if I attended a public school such as Grissom, Huntsville or Bob Jones. My family is very upset and will not refer anyone to WCA because of its politics and lack of education. This school is very cliquey since half the faculty that was employed all had kids there.

My children have gone to WCA for the last three years. I would not recommend this school. I do not feel the education they are receiving is equivalent to the price of admission. They greatly lack in the math department. The administration is also closed minded to problems that arise. They will listen, however, they won't resolve the issues. We have experienced problems with bullying in the school. If your child hasn't attended since early on, they discriminate. The kids do as well as well as the coaches. Overall, I feel like my children will not be prepared for college. If you want your children to be spiritually, academically, and emotionally challenged, do not send them here. The school is also known for its hypocrisy. They should take the word Christian out of the schools name.

Plain and Simple, this school is a waste of money. It is incredible that this place is a private school that people PAY to go to. I cut my losses on my son, and got out in time to get him a better education. His GPA while attending WCA was a 2.9. He was smart, but he began to hate school. He didn't care about the work, and he didnt even seem to care about life and he came home complaining and hating school everyday. Once leaving, his GPA at his new high school was a 4.0, and his college GPA was a 3.8! He still talks about problems he faced at WCA with parents, teachers, and the administration. He has had to talk to a therapists to recover from various issues. His therapy later revealed that 90% of the problems he was facing was because of this school. I would advise you NOT to send your kids here. The education, staff, and atmosphere that you PAY thousands for is terrible. Not worth it.

Last modified Westminster Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12