Huntsville, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted March 19, 2014
After stumbling across the Montessori Method prior to moving to Huntsville, AL I knew that it was the best option for early childhood education. After touring the Montessori School of Huntsville I knew it was the only place for my 2 and 4 year old sons. The nurturing environment and the depth of knowledge of the teachers made it the only choice for our family. Now that they are 5 and 7 it continues to be an amazing learning environment for them. It provides rigorous instruction while encouraging their creativity and independence. Great school that I would recommend to anyone who wants their children to be prepared for the "real world."

Posted March 19, 2014
We started at MSH two years ago and are well into our third school year. Every year, my son has grown by leaps and bounds. Due to the three year cycle espoused by Montessori, he had the same teachers his first two years and has moved into a new class this year with a range of ages. The transition went beautifully and he loves his new teachers and friends. He likes how the big boys and girls help him complete tasks and learning to do things on his own! The administration and staff of the school love and respect the children and it shows in the quality of the education. We are also very appreciative of the diversity provided by the other students and staff. As parents, we have found a home here as well with the tight-knit community and they myriad of opportunities available to all family members to get involved and help out at the school.

Posted January 28, 2014
We enrolled my daughter in the toddler program when she was two. She is now approaching her fourth birthday and she is in the pre-primary program. It's tough (at least for me) to fully describe our experience. I can tell you it's great/wonderful/fabulous and I do feel that way, but I feel like you don't really "get it" until you see it. I didn't fully understand until I actually saw the classrooms and watched the kids in their environment. I encourage you to schedule a tour and spend 20 minutes or so observing a classroom. It is truly amazing! The school coordinates "Sharing Night," which allows parents to visit the classroom so their children can show them what they do at school. My little girl is always SO proud to show me what she does at school, and I am continuously astounded by the things she is able to do. I'm also incredibly grateful that she is experiencing so many different and interesting things every day.

Posted October 27, 2013
Love this school. Very dedicated to following Maria Montessori's vision for developing the whole child.

Posted November 08, 2012
A wonderful experience for everyone - our daughter has prospered there beyond all expectations we had. The teaching staff is well-trained and does not change over regularly. They are also compassionate, communicate very well and handle the children with care and structure. The experiences that are provided for the kids are amazing....gardening, cooking, even cleaning lessons are all on the agenda, in addition to a wealth of Montessori learning materials that the keep the kids engaged on a daily basis. Great mix of backgrounds and cultures. Beautiful campus - they are building the first outdoor classroom in the city. The only downside of the school is its location, being quite a drive from downtown Huntsville or Madison.....but in the end, we thought a few more minutes in the car was worth the care and mental/social/emotional nourishment our child gets at this school. We will be sending our second there, too, starting as a toddler. I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Posted December 07, 2011
Public school teachers actually told our son to stop asking questions. I asked what he was learning in public school and he told me "The Rules." Maria Montessori would be thrilled to see the exceptional learning environment at the Montessori School of Huntsville. I've seen my son's self esteem and curiosity sky rocket thanks to outstanding teachers and staff. We could not be happier. The Montessori School of Huntsville is a community of involved parents and students who are excited to come to school every day. If you have any questions on the Montessori teaching method, you may want to read the Wall Street Article titled "Montessori Mafia." The most creative minds of today have had a Montessori background. Montessori fosters a lifelong love of learning and an ability to think and solve problems rather than just memorize answers for a test. Montessori is not only for preschool aged children. The school currently goes through the 6th grade and they are considering expanding into Junior High School. I will most definitely have my children at this school as long as possible.

Posted April 27, 2011
A very well run Montessori School. The school is accredited and has a highly educated and caring staff. The two campuses are very different but both have their benefits. One is a more modern school (on Chaney Thompson) and the other is a more home like environment (Blevins Gap). The school starts at the preschool age but children have the opportunity to attend through Elementary. Most if not all of the children are reading very well while in Kindergarten!! The Elementary students appear to be learning very advance concepts at a young age. The Montessori method and the private school environment definitely has advantages. The tuition is high but not as high as many other private schools in the area. It is worth it to keep the good teachers on staff and low teacher/student ratio in my opinion.

Posted February 25, 2011
The teachers and administration truly care of the students at this school. There interest is in learning and in inspiring the want to learn in the students. Students are taught using Montessori methods which encourage independence, love of learning, and kindness. As in any school there have been some push and pull between administration, teachers, and parents but all in all this school far out performs the public school system and other private school in the area. Montessori learning is not for every child but for those that learn well using hands on material and who can work at their own pace it is an excellent option.

Montessori School of Huntsville 3

Posted August 13, 2010
Had two children go through and one currently enrolled. Saw more development with the two older children than what I see now. Thinking of transferring to another school for my youngest. The Board and Admin people seem blind to the current problems, unless you've seen how the two administrations compared. I do have to say the facilities are top notch, and the parent volunteers are the best you'll find anywhere.

Posted August 11, 2010
This school provides a challenging yet loving environment for my daughter to thrive in. The school has wonderful, highly qualified teachers who follow the teaching philosphies of Dr. Maria Montessori and have enabled our daughter to read by age 4 and operate academically at a level far advanced for her age. This school does encourage a strong commitment from parents but we believe the school provides a strong benefit and have sent our daughter here for the past two years, anticipating at least two more or beyond depending on the availability of an Elementary program. There have been some recent issues surrounding the transparency of the school operations, but those are being actively addressed and will hopefully improve over time. As an overall view I highly recommend this school to any parent who wishes to provide a safe, diverse and loving education for their child!

Montessori School of Huntsville
1220 Blevins Gap Rd SE, Huntsville, AL  35802
Last modified Montessori School of Huntsville is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori School of Huntsville Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top