Huntsville, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 19, 2014
I appreciate the consistent emphasis placed on devotion to God through daily chapel. In addition I value the specialized curriculum provided to each child in a setting with a low teacher-student ratio.

Posted September 02, 2014
My son is very happy there. He gets the attention he needs and its not over crowded like many area public schools.

Posted June 17, 2014
Huntsville Christian Academy is great! The curriculum is tailored to challenge the kids which is good for development.

Posted April 07, 2014
Huntsville Christian Academy has met the individual needs of all three of my children and provided them with a Christian education that prepared them for college. The education was of such a level that they received scholarships to their colleges of choice. They have been prepared for life as well as school.

Posted April 02, 2014
All three of my sons are "special needs" in different ways. One has ADHD and learning disabilities. Another is working ahead of grade level. The staff at HCA recognize that every child is special. Each program is designed for just that child, whatever level he is. None of them face harassment from staff or classmates for where they are. While academics are important, so is the love every staff member has for Christ and the students. We left public school because our oldest son was being bullied for his race (Asian). He has not faced that at HCA! Our sons are growing nicely in knowledge and faith, thanks to this school.

Posted March 31, 2014
Huntsville Christian Academy is a great school with excellent teachers. We took our child out of public school in 7th grade and placed him at HCA. He went from C's & D's to graduating this year with honors. He loves the teachers.

Posted March 31, 2014
Huntsville Christian Academy is a learning environment where the focus is the "total" student. Pastor Reggie and his staff are just as concerned about their students' character as they are about their academic success. Students are taught to be self-regulated; this does NOT mean that they teach themselves. It means that they are encouraged to take ownership of their learning, to be responsible and accountable for their tasks, and to work toward task completion. What I absolutely admire about Pastor Reggie is his commitment to excellence, accountability, spiritual growth, and integrity. He is a "practice-what-you-preach" kind do administrator, and does not allow the financial "bottom line" to cloud his moral judgment. As a parent, I appreciate his willingness to talk with me and to hear my concerns. His humility is endearing and his unfaltering drive to maintain a unique teaching and learning environment is unquestionable. I have witnessed several changes over the years--changes that are in place to ensure the safety and integrity of the teaching and learning environment, and these changes continue to re-assure me that my child is a priority at HCA.

Posted March 31, 2014
I love Huntsville Christian Academy, because they allow my son to work at his own pace. We have tried other private school and HCA has been the only schools that can challenge him academically. The classes are small and the students really look out for one another. Pastor Reggie is a great mentor and is always willing to the take time to help his students and pray with them whenever needed.

Posted June 29, 2013
HCA is a wonderful place if Christian education is important to you. I have 3 children enrolled, and can say that each of my children are receiving personal education, not just a cookie cutter mold. One of my children is quite gifted, and rather than be bored doing only what is required, his teacher supplements his work, making it just challenging enough. My high school student has gained so much confidence, and participates in the basketball program as well. Each teacher will keep you informed and meet with you each quarter to fill you in on the progress your child is making. Pastor Reggie is loving, disciplined, and sets a Godly example. The teachers make personal sacrifices to teach at HCA and consider their role at the school as a calling to mission work, not just a job to pay the bills. This conviction is evident through their dedication to the job and prayers they speak over the children. I appreciate the standard of the 80% passing, as I know my children fully understand the material before they are given new information. As our future leaders, HCA is building confidence, character, and education within these students. Thank you HCA!!!

Posted June 01, 2012
I have 3 children enrolled at HCA and I wouldnt move them unless we had to move out of the area. They have high standards that keep students accountable and responsible. I love the grading system because it guarantees that my children will have a complete understanding of the material and are learning to set high standards for themselves, while maintaining an attitude of doing things right the first time! These are lessons that need to be learned early in life and HCA is delivering that outside of the home and rounding out my children's upbringing.

Huntsville Christian Academy
175 West Park Loop Northwest, Huntsville, AL  35806
Last modified Huntsville Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Huntsville Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top