Posted March 26, 2015
WCA has been a positive experience for our child. The family-like environment and small class size are huge assets. The leadership opportunities are outstanding. The curriculum definitely prepares one for college. Our child earned a ACT score high enough for a full tuition scholarship to any public school in the state during 10th grade. I would definitely recommend this school to those looking for a solid curriculum with a Christian emphasis.

Posted October 31, 2014
Whitesburg Christian Academy offers a high academic college prep program which is founded on a biblical worldview. The low teacher student ratio allows for excellent teacher-student relationships. Servant-leadership is a focal point for all activities. Even though it is a small school, a wide variety of activities, classes, athletics, experiences, and opportunities are made available to all grade levels. I highly recommend the Academy to families who want their students to excel academically, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.

Posted October 28, 2014
We just started our kids at Whitesburg Christian this year. We have three kids... In 2, 5, & 6th grades. We have been thrilled with the staff and curriculum. The children are receiving a great education, and all from a biblical world view. We are very thankful to have our kids in such a wonderful environment!

Posted October 09, 2014
Our kids have attended Whitesburg Christian Academy for the last 5 years. They have received an excellent Christian education at Whitesburg. They have excelled in test scores and reading. The teachers and staff at Whitesburg are very helpful and they love our kids. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a very good academic program with the Christian emphasis. We love this school!

Posted September 05, 2014
Our daughter has been at Whitesburg Christian Academy for 6 years, our son for 4. We have been very pleased and thankful for a school such as WCA. Every subject is taught from a Biblical world view. The expectation for behavior is set high, and most students do well. The teachers are exceptional and the staff are there because they share our beliefs and vision for our children. Every school has bumps, and that's normal. It's how the administration handles the bumps and moves the faculty and students forward that matters. I believe that WCA has a bright future ahead. Keep up the great Kingdom work, Warriors!!!

Whitesburg Christian Academy 1

Posted September 04, 2014
Very disappointed with this school. A bad taste left in my mouth. I hope this helps

Whitesburg Christian Academy 1

Posted July 11, 2014
After having my child in Whitesburg Weekday (preschool) for two years, we enrolled my little girl in WCA. WCA tested her for readiness for kindergarten 5 months before she began kindergarten (and said she was ready). We began paying tuition two months before school began. After 3 1/2 days in kindergarten, my husband and I were called in for a conference. The teacher was the only WCA person at the conference, and told us our child was not ready for kindergarten. She could stay for the rest of the school day....and tomorrow, if we really needed it. As we scrambled to find a new school that day, my child's belongings were packed, she was sent home and told by the teacher she would not be returning-before my husband or I even had a chance to talk with her. The school "let us out of our contract", but "could not refund our money ($1,500)" for almost two weeks - after having deducted a $300 "curriculum fee". The monetary damage was nothing compared to the psychological damage caused. Heartbreaking.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 08, 2013
Even though others may think that the public schools in Huntsville are great, the fact is that they are going down hill. I grew up in Huntsville, attended Grissom High School at its pinnacle, and know the high expectation of professional parents. We decided to make the move to Whitesburg Christian Academy for our son after the debacle of computers in Huntsville City Schools last year. I know not every grade or every school had problems, but ours were overwhelming. This year has just started and my son is enjoying his classes (which include Latin, not available unit high school in public schools). The small classes are very helpful and his teacher is kind and knowledgable. The Headmaster spoke before the new parents and I felt that he was very clear that each of us had sacrificed to send our children to WCA. I have been nothing but pleased with the experience so far and recommend this school highly. I would check out the final scores of the seniors if you want to know the rigors of this school. This is a Christian school and they make no apologies for that. And neither do I.
3 people found this helpful

Whitesburg Christian Academy 2

Posted July 09, 2013
There are some great people at WCA. I just don't see the huge advantage academically there though. I grew up in LA (Lower Alabama, ha) in an area that is rural and low-income. In these areas of our state, you pretty much need to put your children in a private school if you want them to get a good education. Here's the thing: Huntsville is not in Wilcox County- Huntsville has incredible public schools, save for a few areas. Grissom and Huntsville are tremendous schools- in fact, my two children were actually BEHIND when we moved them from WCA! Once again, WCA is not a bad school, it's just that public schools in Huntsville are of such high quality that your children don't have to go to a private school to get a great education. Huntsville is a GREAT place, totally different from where I'm from in Alabama.

Posted October 21, 2012
My child has been at WCA for the last 3.5 years. I am not sure what all the fuss was with the administration. I guess I chose not to get involved in that. As for people saying it is not academically challenging enough, I am not sure what they are talking about there. My child was bored in public school. She was not offered the advanced work that she needed to stay interested. When we moved to the Academy, I immediately fell in love with her teacher. I don't see why someone would complain that they want their child to have the experience of a teacher not liking their child. I have not loved every teacher my child had but that you will find every where. I think the teachers all care about teaching and the students and want to present their teaching in fun and creative ways. My child gets to do projects that her public school friends envy. I think she has been challenged but has not had a overwhelming amount of work to do. I like that our school has smaller numbers. Tuition is expensive but comparable. Kids get the option of band in the 5th grade. The office staff is so nice! The Headmaster is nice. I would like more fundraising for field trip options.

Whitesburg Christian Academy
6806 Whitesburg Dr S, Huntsville, AL  35802
Last modified Whitesburg Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Whitesburg Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top