Bad
Good

i have been at williams for three years. i love my school . we are the second highest test scoring school in the district next to Huntsville middle. but we are NASA'S best. and for the whole district average, Williams middle school by itself is higher than the whole district. so if you got something to say bad about Williams. then you have never been there. we have a magnet programs.

My school is getting a lot better. My son has being doing well at this school so far. He is now in the 8th grade. We not had any major issues.

(NOTE: This is a choice school, meaning children who live in the poorer areas of Huntsville are able to choose to go to this school, despite not being zoned for it.) This school is horrible! Theft is a major issue here. In two years at this school, my two children have had ear buds, gym clothes (assigned w/their names on it), 2 jackets, 4 lunch boxes, an ipod, a sweater, and a glasses case, all stolen. Fights & bullying are a constant problem, as is general misbehavior. Last week two 7th graders were caught with alcohol in Gatorade containers when the teachers realized, by the end of the day, that the kids were intoxicated. Last month a "weed ring" was found to be operating in the school. One 6th grader was selling weed, and the children who had bought it from him that day were named & caught. All kids in the incidents are still attending. We're only 2 months into the school year. The new principal seems to be trying, but she is the 3rd principal in 3 yrs, so that tells you something. We are moving to a new home specifically to get our children out of this school.

JE Williams has had its share of problems, but once again parents want to blame the teachers for not caring or giving up. I challenge a parent to sit all day once a semester and see the challenges the teachers have to deal with. The problem stems from home life. I honestly have seen my son's grades decrease, but my observations is - the teachers have more to do than just teach. There are some real bad kids at the school. In my estimation, the 5% of kids that are disrespectful robs the other 95% of kids that truly want to learn. So if you are unhappy with the school, start with your kid and make sure he or he is not part of the problem. Try home schooling your kid and then determine if he or she is deserving to be sin public school or JE Williams.

This school and adminstration has been nothing but problems., kids cannot get what they are suppose to and from what I witness there is a lot of favoritism that goes on at this school. My family members that are enrolled here has had nothing but trouble. They are still not officially enrolled, although it has been almost two weeks. No laptops, no student ID#, or anything else. Despite many protest from my family and others. The kids are told in library that they are not getting a laptop yet??although most kids have theirs. Although gym is required...big joke. All anyone does is sit on their laptops, this includes the coaches. No work outs for the kids at all. This school has really turned out to be a major disappointment thus far. Before the cheerleaders of the school speak out....This is not about your kid(s), but about those not being served.

Not sure how a parent new to the area can rate this school before they have even had any real time dealing with school or issues that arise. Another new principal this year, I hope they take charge of the school and bring in the necessary leadership, accountability, and discipline to help shape this school for the better. BTW I am a parent of a star studded high caliber student, and fully support school education, last year was not a great year here! Goodluck hope this year is better!

We are new in the area and did A LOT of research for our children's educational futures in the Huntsville City School system. I have to say, I believe a lot of the parents of the star studded, high caliber students are not taking the time to rate this school! Students that go to this school go to Columbia High School and have VERY high college, military enlistment and graduation rates, with great scores and grades. I'm not sure if this is racial bias or angry parents feel the need to warn other parents, but we found our dream home in Madison and upon visiting the zoned schools for our children have been very impressed once we got in to talk to the administration, teachers, principals, security and other students! I'm very excited about the school year, plan on continuing to be involved in their educational goals, school board and town hall meetings. It starts at home. If my opinion changes, you can be sure I'll come back and let you know about it.

This school is awful. Where to begin? They have huge racial and bullying issues, the teachers do not do their job and seem to act like they just don't care. The school has changed principals three or four times as far as I know,and the laptops were a complete waste of time. Fights happen constantly,the security takes forever to get the situation under control. The academics and learning is soooo very low, many students nearly failed or have failed. The Huntsville School Board and Media should really take a look at this school!

School needs better teachers most of all needs to just be in regular clothes not in uniform. I moved to another home just so my son can go to a better school system

This is THE WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My child has never been bullied so much. My child has never been below honor roll, now hes failing. When you call to talk to the principal, no matter how many times a day or week, she is ALWAYS IN A MEETING!!!!!! Never returns messages. I only got one reply from a teacher. I have complained many times. And the bus driver????Dont get me started. I am pulling my son out this week. I put him in this school as a reccommendation for his gifted status and was promised technology class. He got band. I have never seen a more horrid school than Williams. I will be making a complaint to the school board and may even to the media. This school is a circus that doesnt care about their students at all.

Last modified Williams Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9