Huntsville, AL

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
The staff is too busy trying to cut them down and abuse their authority. Simply unbelievable the things I've seen with this school this year.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 20, 2015
Child never received homework. I question whether or not she's actually regressed since attending Providence.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 20, 2015
My child was at Providence for 6 months. Only came home twice with homework. When I asked the teacher about it, I was told "oh they work so hard here, I figure I'll let them rest at home." --blank stare---

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
Again, the teachers don't model it. How can they teach it? Staff has serious lack of concern for children.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
It's hard to teach what you yourself don't practice. Very crooked staff! A lot of issues overlooked or swept under rug.

Providence Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2015
Our son, is an above average learner. He comes from a humble one income military family Children who score on and above the 8th grade while in elementary school should be able to get out of class to an advanced course at least a few times a week to encourage continued growth and development. As the parent stated, my son is there because he has an amazing teacher, but I am extremely relieved that he is graduating this year and will not have to sit idle as others determine his level of excellence and potential to go beyond. In a more supportive environment and a teachers aid to support the class, my son could have possibly skipped a grade. I blame this on the administration, not the class, the teacher or my sons ability. THEY need to do something when they see test scores off the charts, not demand more and do nothing to support it. This school left a lot to be desired and does not compete with DoDEA schools. Any school that receives money from the military should be reviewed for special programs annually.

Providence Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
My child attends Providence. I had hope all the negative rumors about the school were not true, but they are. The only reason he is there is because he has a great teacher. She is the exception to such a terrible school. I will be putting my child in private school next year. The teachers at Providence spend more time disciplining students than teaching This school is awful from the moment you walk through the door and meet the front desk staff. They are very unprofessional from the way they look, act and dress. They have look as if your presence has inconvenienced them. The education at this school is dumbed down. They cater to a specific demographic of kids who have no reinforcement at home of getting a good education. As a taxpayer, I shoild not have to put my child in private school. Local leaders fail to realize no matter how nice the school looks and how many middle and upper middle class students you put in this school, if the majority come from poor neighborhoods, they are going to bring down the quality of the education. This forces the rest of us to seek alternative solutions such as homeschooling, private school, or moving to a better school system

Providence Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
We have 2 daughters that go to this school and we have had nothing but problems from this school the past 2 years. Most of the teachers don't seem to care about the children. Last year our oldest daughter got body slammed by a little boy for no reason and the teacher didn't do anything about it, we had to go to the school to finally get something done. That went on all last year with her 4th grade teacher. This year we could tell from the beginning that our youngest daughter's teacher didn't care for her at all. She told us that our daughter would be a better student if she was medicated. She will send out a weekly letter for homework but never send the kids home with any of it. The grades for our oldest never get turned in on time so the progress report is always wrong, she is a straight A student and will come home showing C's. The students have computers and are NOT monitored on them, they call look up pretty much ANYTHING they want. There are so many other things wrong with this school, I think the only positive thing about it is the office staff and a select few teachers.

Providence Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
Kindergarten are moving in a fast past.My son is in kindergarten and the homework is to difficulty counting by tens, and reading some of his homework sentence and draw an illustration is too much.he has 5 pages of homework to do, read a book. Not to mention fund rasier. Remembering his alphabet , colors shapes, address etc. and numbers on top the other assignments its to much for my son premenstrual born at 6 month 1 pound 3 oz he has slow developmentally skills keeping up with the class. His memory is delayed His teacher recommended for him to return to kindergarten. I am a Single working mom of two and see his slow learning disabilities and I get frustrated with helping him with the basic.I think its too many kids in his class about 24 how could the teacher get him the level where be needs to be when there is so much going on with kindergartens and one teacher, and one mom.

Providence Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2014
Watch out! The city school system forgot to tell you that there is not enough room in the school for the 6-8 grades so they get on a bus and go about 20 miles to Williams elementary in Triana. The bus is usually back to our neighborhood around 4:45 to 5:00 pm. I was hoping they would rezone the area. The zoning for this school is ridiculous, as we pass 3 schools to get to this one. We are moving this summer.

10 Chalkstone St, Huntsville, AL  35806
Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top