Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted July 09, 2016
No gusta muchismo el nivel academico de esta escuela. Las profesoras , la verdad estamos contentos Por esto.

Posted December 09, 2015
My granddaughter attends Providence and she is being challenged in her education. She is given adequate work to improve her learning and skills. The teachers ar GREAT!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 24, 2015
My daughter’s kindergarten teacher was very effective in making sure my daughter progressed throughout the year. She updated me on a daily basis on how my daughter was performing and behaving in class. The at home activities that were given to me and my child at least once a week were a plus, because not only did they give us the opportunity to spend time and interact together but they also made my daughter open to learning more. My daughter started off the year only knowing a few letter sounds, and by the end of the year she was able to read and entire book (an easy-reader book).

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 24, 2015
My daughter was in kindergarten and she didn't have homework per say but she did bring home activities to do with a parent such as create a poster, or practice reading the weekly book. I think it was appropriate work for the age level. Towards the end of the year, she did bring home practice math worksheets which I think were good because they were preparing her for first grade work.

Posted July 24, 2015
The school is very good at providing updates or notifications on what events are taking place at the school. My daughter's teacher was also great at communicating with me about everything, whether it was my daughter's progress, behavior, or to even making sure her health was maintained while she was at school. (My daughter has allergies) The nurse was also very effective in making sure my daughter was taken care of properly.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
The staff is too busy trying to cut them down and abuse their authority. Simply unbelievable the things I've seen with this school this year.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 20, 2015
Child never received homework. I question whether or not she's actually regressed since attending Providence.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 20, 2015
My child was at Providence for 6 months. Only came home twice with homework. When I asked the teacher about it, I was told "oh they work so hard here, I figure I'll let them rest at home." --blank stare---

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
Again, the teachers don't model it. How can they teach it? Staff has serious lack of concern for children.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
It's hard to teach what you yourself don't practice. Very crooked staff! A lot of issues overlooked or swept under rug.

10 Chalkstone St, Huntsville, AL  35806
Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.