Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

A lot of problems in the beginning there was no parental Guidance to all the kindergarteners classes even though they said there was. They only let you walk your kid to class for the first two days which left my child wondering the school and scared and lost. Teacher did not help prepare their breakfast got mad when my son asked his teacher where his locker was on the second day she got mad. Keep in mind my son just turned 6 years old one month ago and this is his first experience going to school. His teacher complained to all the little kindergarteners about how she works too hard and she got angry when the kids ask for help. During PE my son came home upset because he was not allowed water during PE because the PE teacher did not want to ruin their floors. My son comes home with Filthy Hands he's already had a severe stomach virus and had to miss a week of school. His cheeks are bright red hair soaking wet in sweat because he is overheating at school. He has already been bullied and hit by another student. When my son had a stomach ache I was not informed so my son was at school all day with a stomach ache which was the beginning of his stomach virus that he had to miss a week of school from. I had to change his teachers and things are better but still he seems to be very depressed going to school. Considering homeschool.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Madison already came home upset because he was bullied and hit by another student and nothing was done about it from what my son told me he is in kindergarten and obviously the teacher does not pay attention because he was bullied and I have heard nothing from her about it

Amount of homework: Neutral

I had to change my son's teacher because of a lot of problems but the teacher he had in the beginning of School was piling all the kids up with homework at the end of the day and he's only in kindergarden. Seems like it was more like daycare at school and parents are left to teach the kids at home with tons of homework. After I change teachers he had less homework so it's better and his new teachers class.

No gusta muchismo el nivel academico de esta escuela. Las profesoras , la verdad estamos contentos Por esto.

My granddaughter attends Providence and she is being challenged in her education. She is given adequate work to improve her learning and skills. The teachers ar GREAT!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter’s kindergarten teacher was very effective in making sure my daughter progressed throughout the year. She updated me on a daily basis on how my daughter was performing and behaving in class. The at home activities that were given to me and my child at least once a week were a plus, because not only did they give us the opportunity to spend time and interact together but they also made my daughter open to learning more. My daughter started off the year only knowing a few letter sounds, and by the end of the year she was able to read and entire book (an easy-reader book).

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter was in kindergarten and she didn't have homework per say but she did bring home activities to do with a parent such as create a poster, or practice reading the weekly book. I think it was appropriate work for the age level. Towards the end of the year, she did bring home practice math worksheets which I think were good because they were preparing her for first grade work.

The school is very good at providing updates or notifications on what events are taking place at the school. My daughter's teacher was also great at communicating with me about everything, whether it was my daughter's progress, behavior, or to even making sure her health was maintained while she was at school. (My daughter has allergies) The nurse was also very effective in making sure my daughter was taken care of properly.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Child never received homework. I question whether or not she's actually regressed since attending Providence.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My child was at Providence for 6 months. Only came home twice with homework. When I asked the teacher about it, I was told "oh they work so hard here, I figure I'll let them rest at home." --blank stare---

Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5