Huntsville, AL

Posted March 10, 2014
Butler High School is an amazing school. I am currently a senior and SGA President. The golden eggs in our school are kept a secret. I know this because I am one of them. Come by some time and check out The Butler Theatre Project. That's where you can find all of the golden eggs in one basket. Go Rebels!!

Sr Butler High School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
Butler is a good school. This school has been put down by others, because of the area of town. Money don't make students want to learn, but a school with some caring teachers, makes a different. And Butler has always had that heart. It is low income familys, that try hard to make sure their kids get that education. Don't have to worry to much about drugs in the school. With a little paint and cleaning on the school, it would look good. Seems also that Butler does't get the nicer things as other schools. This year I see that they got some, much needed new football uniforms.The news reports any little fight that happens at Butler, but you don't hear of the good. The teachers have really worked well with my son in the past and he made A/B honor roll last year, when he was a freshman. In middle school, he was making some C's and D's. At Butler, if he asked for help, the teachers always helped, even giving out their personal phone numbers, for students to call them if they needed help. I really liked that one on one help that the teacher give the students. Great school. Go REBELS

Posted July 10, 2013
The school is great .. It's the society that puts this school down because its an "all black" school. Sure we have some bad kids and teachers but what school doesn't? It's just that everything Butler does it gets put on the news and society puts it down, they never show the positive school. Whats a school without support?

Sr Butler High School

Posted September 16, 2009
I loved BHS. I miss it dearly. We had sooo much fun in high school & wish I could go back! The drama dept. was the best!

Posted December 28, 2008
I was actually impressed with Butler. My first time there was when I served as a substitute teacher. I had heard all types of terrible things about Butler, but you can't judge until you have your own personal experience. Every school has it's rotten eggs, and every school has its golden eggs. Butler's golden eggs are a well kept secret from society, and their advanced diploma curriculum is just a good as any other school, public or private... if not better. The small classrooms allow students to have a better relationship with their teachers, and helps is in easy access.

Posted February 08, 2008
The school has great teachers and many great opportunities. The students here are all different yet very accepting so you don't really see many cliques. Everyone generally gets along very well. Overall I think that Butler is a great school to attend.

Posted August 23, 2005
I feel that Butler is a good school with a faculty that really cares about their students. I think that their should be more parent involvement within the school in regards to their childs academic goals and achievement. My child is now able to attend columbia high school but I am happy with the caring atmosphere of the faculty at S.R. Butler High School

Posted May 24, 2005
Butler is an excellent school. At Butler, you are not judged by the color of your skin, but by the content of your character. You can be anything you want to be. The teachers and administrators are always willing to help students accomplish their goals.

Sr Butler High School
3401 Holmes Ave, Huntsville, AL  35816
Last modified Sr Butler High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sr Butler High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top