Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
My sons have autism spectrum disorder, and there are students at Chaffee who can tell that they are different, but they treat them with kindness and respect anyway. It is such a safe, sweet environment for my special needs boys.

Posted May 18, 2016
Chaffee is a comfortable, friendly, warm, inviting environment for my entire family. My husband and I have 4 sons. Our oldest attended Chaffee from 1st to 5th grade. Our middle boys attend currently, and our youngest is still in private PreK, but the office staff, and many of the Chaffee teachers know him by name, anyway because they know our family. It is a tight knit community. Many of the staff have been at Chaffee for years and years. As new teachers / administrators come on board they quickly adopt the wonderful. positive atmosphere and it trickles all the way from the top down. I love our little school and feel so blessed to have ended up within its boundaries!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 18, 2016
Kay Crook, Special Education teacher is a total anchor at Chaffee! She is a complete ROCK STAR! We love her dearly!

Roger B Chaffee Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
I went to Chaffee as a kid, and now my child goes there. This is the second school in HSV that my daughter has attended, and we are so much happier here! She is only in K, but she had already decided that she didn't like school and was determined that she couldn't learn to read (to the point of crying after only 2 words). After only 2 days at Chaffee, she was excited to go to school again and started breezing through her reading and feeling proud of herself again. She's happy to be at school and doing much better on her learning - is there anything more that can be asked of a school?

Posted February 27, 2014
so far a great school i am very happy and proud off chaffe. we arrived from out of state and they were very open and good to us.

Posted February 26, 2014
You hear a lot of negative stories about schools these days, but Chaffee is really lucky to have Principal Scott. My son and another boy had to get something from another building during class. On the way back they stopped and were looking at their fellow students' art, talking about how good the drawings were. They froze when Principal Scott said "Boys come over here" thinking they were in trouble. Instead of being in trouble for talking in the hallways between class, they were rewarded for praising their fellow students. We need more school leaders like him. Also, every teacher we have come in contact with at Chaffee has been top notch. Chaffee has made a huge difference with my son.

Posted December 10, 2013
Chaffee is a great school that gives parents, students, teachers, administrators and all community stakeholders the opportunity to work together to make sure that every child is college and career ready. Everyone takes pride and is willing to go that extra mile and do whatever it takes to make sure that all students are engaged and learning. What a great place to be!

Posted November 18, 2013
Chaffee is an excellent elementary school that is surrounded by a vary caring community. The teachers are excellent and parents are very involved. Our new principal is taking our school in a great direction. Class sizes are just right for teachers to help students one on one.

Posted October 05, 2013
I am so appreciative that my children have the opportunity to attend Chaffee Elementary! We have a new principal Mr. Scott that is outstanding! We have been blessed to have the most top notch teachers within the school system. I have never seen such loving and caring teachers that truly want each and everyone of their students to succeed. My daughter just graduated from Chaffee last year and my younger daughter is in the third grade so I have really had the opportunity to get to know the teachers and the staff there. We love Chaffee due to the leadership and the wonderful teachers. Would not want my children to go to any other school! Thank you to all the teachers that have been there for my children. We so appreciate you all!

Posted October 04, 2013
Our son/ grandson is in kindergarden at Chaffee and we are so pleased his teacher is so wonderful. She has 29yrs teaching experience and is the most loving and caring teacher. If you have a child going into Kindergarden in this school district please go to Chaffee and go meet the teacher & principal he is a God send too.We were seriously considering Whitesburg Christian Academy and or so glad we choose Chaffee Elementary -sometimes our public schools can be better.

7900 Whittier Rd, Huntsville, AL  35802
Last modified Roger B Chaffee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.